A small reminder - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

A small reminder

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A small reminder

Postby 2times » Thu May 30, 2002 12:52 am

This isn't extremely important or anything, but I just remembered this so i thought i'd make note of it.

I don't remember who it was, but a couple of weeks ago somebody on here was questioning whether he had done right to trade then ON FIRE Eli Marrero for then stumbling and then injured Pudge Rodriguez. Well we all saw what happened to Eli, and even though Pudge isn't back yet (doin rehab in the minors) it's pretty clear that the trade is going to work out well for the dude that got Pudge even if Pudge only manages to play 90 games this year. Easy to say that in hindsight, but it's a nice reminder to us all to buy low sell high, even when it isn't obvious how the cards are going to far.
2times

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby petben » Thu May 30, 2002 12:04 pm

Being a Pudge owner myself, i think it's still too early to tell who got the better end of this deal. Sure it looks like pudge is coming back (no pun intended) but who's to say for how long, or how many games he plays, or even how well he does upon his return. Back injuries are bad for batters, and even worse for catchers. I wouldn't be surprised to see a platoon @ catcher for the rest of the season in TEX.
petben
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 2times » Thu May 30, 2002 5:05 pm

While it's true to say that we really have no idea how many games Pudge will play, do you really want Eli as one of your 2 starting catcher at this point in the season anyway? The guy's hitting .200 in the last month and doesn't even play every day to begin with. Surely Pudge can manage to hit better than a .200 avg and sprinkled PT for the rest of the year? Plus you have to remember, this trade was made as Eli was cooling down so the guy who gave up Eli was the beneficiary of most of the hot streak and the SBs.
2times

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Chicago » Thu May 30, 2002 7:34 pm

That guy who traded Marrero for Pudge was me, and I agree, I got the better end of the deal, even though I-Rod hasn't played a single game for me. Not long later I-Rod went on the DL I traded for Posado, who has been awesome since I got him. Whatever happens to I-Rod, I still think it was a good trade, as Marrero probably would have hurt my team more than having no catcher at all.
Chicago
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers