Are Moyer and Pineiro Done? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Are Moyer and Pineiro Done?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Are Moyer and Pineiro Done?

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:52 pm

Are these guys all done? Moyer looked downright horrible his past starts. Will they rebound? How many wins/ks for each do you think is possible?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:04 pm

uhh buddy Pinero is only like 25, ease up there its week TWO......have osme patience....we cant predict what they will do, just be patient. If Moyer is pitching like crap in May, then yes I would say at age 40 he may be done, but why even think Pinero is done....thats unbelievable, he is in the prime of his career.
Arrowhead Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby playersball » Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:13 pm

Pineiro- hell no. He's only pitched once, name me a starter who doesn't have at least one bad strt every year. Seattle had a string of bad luck last week.

Moyer - well, maybe. After his first start he said they beat him even with his "best stuff". Then in his next start he got rocked by Oakland. It seems opposing hitters may have learned to battle his technique. I watched that game, the ump wasn't giving him the corners and for a control pitchers that means you're forced to serve up meat. Too early to panic though, if he has 2 more bad starts I'd jump ship. :-?
Stay in your place I recommend...
Now say hello to my little friend...
playersball
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BGbootha » Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:25 pm

you have got to be kidding me, first of all its Week 2, Pin has only had one start, granted he starts today.

Jamie, yeah he is 40 and could be on his way down. No questions there, in my opinion his stuff really isn't that great to begin with, he puts the ball and play and allows his defense to put them out. That works nicely if you are playing a team that leaves the ball in the ball park. ie not Anaheim.

Joel, i will still take Joel against most no. 2s out there. Again i go back to the Anaheim, his first two starts are against the angels, if he pitches the same game he pitched last week against Oakland's lineup he only gives up 4 or 5 runs instead of 8 and we are not having this conversation.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Baseball Leftovers