Lou Piniella - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Lou Piniella

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Lou Piniella

Postby chuckr37 » Wed May 29, 2002 9:16 pm

Did anyone get to see Lou's tirade on tuesday evening? Lou was upset at home plate ump John Shulocks ball and strike calls. Seemed like the close ones were all going Tampa Bays way. Lou went out after the 8th inning and went ballistic. He ended his tirade by kneeling down and covering home plate with dirt (ala Carl Yastrzemski). Shulock would not sweep the plate clean after Lou left the field and Dan Wilson had to ask Shulock for his whisk broom and cleaned home plate himself! I just wish it had happened in Seattle, Lou would have gotten a standing ovation. Is there anyone better? I used to like watching Earl Weaver, seemed that every ump at the time was at least 8 inches taller than him, and he was always looking up at them while he was screaming (and spitting). I am interested in hearing everyones opinion on who puts on the best show while getting tossed from a game. >:-#
chuckr37
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Thu May 30, 2002 5:30 am

Unfortunately, I missed this... but you're right - Weaver was fun to watch. Billy Martin's umpire confrontations were classic, too.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to General Talk