Who would you trade for closer help? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who would you trade for closer help?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who would you trade for closer help?

Postby Prime Time » Sat Mar 15, 2003 7:37 pm

12 team league, 5x5 mixed. Auction draft was last night and these are my warriors. I know I messed up on saves but I would appreciate any other advice on how to improve this team. Thanks in advance.

c - Ausmus
c - D. Wilson
1b - Thome
2b - Soriano
ss - Furcal
3b - Hinkse
MI - Rivas
CI - Bagwell
of - T. Hunter
of - C. Floyd
of - Encarnacion
of - Ibanez
of - Byrd
util - Tino Martinez
sp - Nomo
sp - Wood
sp - Mulder
sp - Mussina
sp - W. Williams
sp - Duckworth
sp - K. Wells
sp - R. Soriano
rp - Rhodes

Thanks for your help.
Prime Time

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Bennyy22 » Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:22 pm

wel ya you messed up in RP, you only got one guy that wont even do much. i would just suggest trading one of your SP for a RP and/or and OF for a RP.
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

-Yogi Berra
Bennyy22
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GUEST » Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:40 pm

i hate to say it but yeah...your in deep crap...you've got to make a move or decide if you are even going to bother with saves first .....
i would look at the balance of other teams and even if they got 2 decent closers you are pretty much out of the race because of you not having one.
try and grab these guys if they are out there -- witasick/villafeute or german/m.anderson or spooneybarger, chad fox, todd jones, or COLOME (i think these guys will have a decent shot at closing this year, great sleepers to have on your team before they are awoken a closer and taken...)
the only other option i see you having that will give you a chance is that if you decide based on the other teams that 2nd or 3rd to last in saves is worth it the only way to get a decent if not valuable closer is shopping THOME. you got 2 decent 1Bmans and the only way i see you shaking a closer lose from anyone knowing your situation is to sell THOME...sorry...

Friendliness: %

Postby Bennyy22 » Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:44 pm

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu......................i dont know about giving up thome. if one of those guys are on waviers, get em'. u need one, but not bad enough to give up thome, he is too valuable
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

-Yogi Berra
Bennyy22
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby timkell » Sat Mar 15, 2003 9:29 pm

Every year, there are surprise closers that post 30 saves. There's no sense giving up a great hitter for a closer when you can work real hard on the waiver wire and pick up those sleepers before anyone.

WHat's better, giving up Thome for Gagne, who gets 40 saves (you can't predict 50, that's for sure, even though it's quite possible), or keeping Thome and grabbing 30 saves off the waiver wire?

When you're this weak on RP, you'll have to take a bath to get a good closer. The other teams know you're deperate.

Is someone else out there desperate for steals? You could try to trade Rivas, although I'm not sure what he'd get you.

Like I said, work that waiver wire! That's where I got Gagne last year!
timkell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby noren0 » Sun Mar 16, 2003 3:50 am

Duckworth is doing good, maybe you can find someone who likes him. Package him up with an OF. Good luck!
noren0
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers