league veto power is terrible!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

league veto power is terrible!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:53 am

Bloody, you really arent telling the full story here.

This isnt a 5x5 league - its a 10x10 where batters contribute to many more catagories on a regular basis than SPs do.

I told you this yesterday, but you chose to ignore my warnings about accepting this trade.

ALL SPs are devalued in your system. I know that if I were in your league Id be trying to sell as many of my top SPs as I could for top offensive talent.

Now Im not saying Kaz is a top offensive talent, but a case can be made that if his power, speed, and ba projections are anywhere close to being accurate, than he makes a top 5 SS.

I think it was a wise move on the other owners part to take advantage of the system in your league - sounds like he's figured it out to me. Now, granted, I dont know his team or what it needs, but I would look to take even more from you than Kaz.
Last edited by Cornbread Maxwell on Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Base Ballpickers » Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:03 am

vetos are certainly abused in leagues where rookies roam. Vetoing because you think one of the guys (or gals) is stupid for doing it is not a reason to veto. That would be like vetoing the trades that took the big bats away from braves this year just because the Braves were stupid for doing it. If you don't want stupid trades in your league then have the balls to play in a big boys league. Collusion is the only vetoable act.
"My job as a coach is to make you do what you don't want to do so you can become the man you want to be."
Base Ballpickers
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Baseballer02 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:06 am

I don't remember the Braves trading away any big bats. Hmmmm... :-?
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:56 am

whoever implied that baldelli is going to put up bigger numbers than kaz......feel free to come play in my league.

I feel very strongly that vetoes should not be allowed unless it is obvious collusion, otherwise they just cause hostility.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers