Young Guns - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Young Guns

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:36 pm

i like vogelsong, but thats just me. Hes looked good so far.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby zEli173 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:44 pm

I find it amusing that people speculate on who will succeed when they've never seen these guys pitch (I know some of you have, but others have not). Vogelsong's first appearance was great. Judging from the stats and what I've read, I'm most optimistic about him. But let's be clear, unless you've seen one of these dudes play, all we're doing is regurgitating information from somewhere else. I have no idea what Vogelsong even looks like. Before yesterdayI thought Cliff Lee had a good chance to be an impact player as I read a lot of possitive things about him. Then I actually watched him pitch ... not impressed.

(Matt Riley did look pretty good to me last week, I'll be keeping an eye on his next start.)
zEli173
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Kingsac » Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:00 pm

What about Peavy in SD, he is pitching in a great park and if it weren't for the pen he'd be 0-2 and Harang from CINN? He pitched great too? Give some love ...
Kingsac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby perlick29 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:08 pm

BiggityBaseball wrote:what teams are bonderman and jackson on? can someone give me a run down on these two?

Sure, Bonderman is on the Tigers. He wont make much of an impact this year because he does need a year at AAA. The Tigers went with a trial by fire approach, but that doesn't necessarily make you better in the long run.

Edwin Jackson is in the Dodgers organization. He outdueled Randy Johnson in his major league debut. Probably the best pitcher under 21 right nw in all of baseball. Watch out.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers