What do you think of the rules in my league? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What do you think of the rules in my league?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What do you think of the rules in my league?

Postby GriffDawg » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:54 pm

My commissioner has instated that we set a weekly line-up every Monday and it carries through all week until the following Sunday. No substitutions or any changed made every day. If someone gets hurt, tough luck and you can't change anything until the following week.

It's a private Yahoo! league, and yeah, it's his playground, but am I wrong to find this way of fantasy baseball utterly moronic? Before people inundate me with "Why didn't you read the rules before you joined?", I glimpsed over the rules since I never have conceived of anyone doing it other than daily line-up changes.

Your thoughts?
GriffDawg
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:58 pm

Why didn't you read the rules before you joined?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:58 pm

I prefer daily changes by a large margin but if that was set before the season started, then I have no problem with it. Any issues should have been resolved before the season.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby great gretzky » Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:02 am

i don't personally favor that set up -- but I will say this.

I think it helps keep people more active RELATIVELY than the other.

If everyone knows they only have to do it once, I think more people keep up with it.

Besides, it can help you too -- others can get stuck with injuries.

If you do this, I think the IP limit has to go as well though.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby GriffDawg » Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:03 am

I know. It's mostly crying over spilled milk, but like I said, I never imagined fantasy baseball played any other way than daily so didn't even think to look at what the line-up changes would be.

Lesson learned.
GriffDawg
T-Ball Trainer

hmm...

Postby matmat » Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:13 am

personally I don't like weekly changes... or for that matter, any changes other than daily ones. I wouldn't mind them so much if there were a couple of things that could be changed:

1) allow for player substitutions if someone gets injured. (this opens up pandora's box though -- what does 'injured' mean? day to day? DL? )

2) allow for picking starts... i.e. relief pitchers would be locked in for the whole week (barring injury), but starters you would pick starts for...
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mkooljr1 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:59 am

Just to let you guys know, REAL leagues have weekly changes. Until Yahoo came along, i never even heard of daily changes, or imagined it, for that matter. And i define real league as one for money and that uses a real stats service like Sportsline, TQ Stats, All Star Stats, etc.
mkooljr1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby GriffDawg » Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:01 am

Interesting. That's what the comissioner of the league said when pressed on it. I still find it tremendously limiting, but *shrugs* whatever. It is what it is what it is now.
GriffDawg
T-Ball Trainer

Postby mtarail » Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:05 am

I'm pretty sure that yahoo is a "real" league. I can log onto it and everything...I've even got "real" money riding in it. So it better be real. I'm not sure if their stat service is "real." It seems real.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:39 am

mkooljr1 wrote:Just to let you guys know, REAL leagues have weekly changes. Until Yahoo came along, i never even heard of daily changes, or imagined it, for that matter. And i define real league as one for money and that uses a real stats service like Sportsline, TQ Stats, All Star Stats, etc.

If you say so. :-/

I would guess that there are some daily leagues that are more real than some weekly leagues. It's all about what's riding on it and what you make of it.

To me, I prefer daily changes. I am more involved. If it's weekly, then it's not much more than fantasy football and I didn't like that.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers