So stat tracker is...... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

So stat tracker is......

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mudd » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:54 pm

I purchased mine.

Not only can you keep track of your league, but you get live up to date scores of all the games in progress, as well as start times and results of previous games.

Well worth $10 imo.
Mudd
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Xtreemes » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:54 pm

haha as a mets fan im hopin he comes back too. but i have a bad feeling about him. his return keeps gettin pushed back, and management isnt saying much about it
Xtreemes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:57 pm

Xtreemes wrote:haha as a mets fan im hopin he comes back too. but i have a bad feeling about him. his return keeps gettin pushed back, and management isnt saying much about it

hmm i have him stashed on my DL (we have 3 spots) but i think i would have released him if i had another guy go on there, simply cuz it doesnt look like happening anytime soon...
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Xtreemes » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:00 pm

if i had reyes on one of my teams id definatly hold on to him in a dl spot, theres no chance i'd drop him. it may be questionable about when he's comin back, but when he does he can put up some good numbers in the steals, runs, and average categories.
Xtreemes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DGroundhog » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:00 pm

I think it is a very reasonably priced feature. It also generates revenue for Yahoo fantasy games thus slowing the pregression to a full-pay site.

I consider myself quite a bit more than just a 'casual' fantasy baseball player. I'm not buying Stat Tracker simply because I really don't feel I have a need for it. I can find out how my players are doing thru other sources. I'm in no rush to see the standings update minute by minute. It's only $10, but I'm not going to buy something I really don't feel a need for, no matter how reasonably priced it is.

I do appreciate Yahoo's philosophy of 'pay for the extras' though. It allows the rest of us to play for free. If you want a little extra, you can plop down $10 for Stat Tracker. If you want even more, you can join up for the Plus service.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Smizzy » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:02 pm

I bought it too....But i can only use it under 1 specific username...i have 8 leagues...so i have it for 4 and not for the other 4...doesnt make sence to me.
"Clutch does exist, I've got one in my car"--BobbyRoberto
Smizzy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby RynMan » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:06 pm

Smizzy wrote:I bought it too....But i can only use it under 1 specific username...i have 8 leagues...so i have it for 4 and not for the other 4...doesnt make sence to me.

same here, thus why i doubt that i will get it.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby AcidRock23 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:09 pm

Those are good points re the paying something to Yahoo to keep them in the money.

I just don't really have a need for it-- as there is still the element of guesstimating one's 'predictaments' (cf. justinA) and don't really like my computer to be doing things unless I want it to. I was very relieved that it was 'off' my computer this AM so I could check the games I want to, rather than having it updating crap all day long. It does seem to have eliminated the odd login issues I'd been experiencing occasionally over the weekend too, for what that's worth.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby slomo007 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:12 pm

Has anyone noticed how StatTracker is a lot better today (I think mine froze once all day, as opposed to 20 times) than it has been all season? I am assuming that the servers that run the stats were overloaded from all the el cheapos who were using the service and now no longer can use it without paying. Thank goodness it costs money, or I'd have to deal with that crap all season.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby DGroundhog » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:28 pm

Us 'cheapos' didn't have any choice of whether to use Stat Tracker or not. Yahoo forced everyone to use it, perhaps you should cry to them about your precious Stat Tracker freezing up?

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers