Prior, oh, Prior! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Prior, oh, Prior!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby LCBOY » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:13 pm

From Yahoo, April 12:

Apr 12 The hope was that Cubs' injured right-hander Mark Prior would be able to throw from a mound this past weekend, however his arm was not ready. "My arm is not in shape yet, not enough to get on the mound," Prior told the Chicago Sun-Times on Sunday. "I want to get on the mound, but I know long toss is better to get my arm in shape right now. It's more of a gut thing. I just know it's not strong enough. It's not as easy to throw long toss as it usually is." Prior is trying to get his arm back in shape after missing the entire exhibition season due to a strained and inflamed right Achilles' tendon. Before this weekend, the latest projection was that he would be back in the rotation by sometime in May, but given that he will probably need at least two or three more sessions of long toss before throwing off a mound, that timetable seems unrealistic. "I have been told to keep it open-ended, don't set myself up," Prior said. "It's frustrating because I want to be out th ere, but I want to be out there healthy."

Views: A late-May, early-June timetable for Prior's return is much more plausible. And that's if everything goes well when he begins working off the mound again. Another setback with his Achilles' or more elbow issues could keep him out indefinitely.
Last edited by LCBOY on Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LCBOY
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zito is God » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:14 pm

Its not fair cause Prior is injured but if you can pull it off that'd be pretty sweet.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers