Cliff Lee - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cliff Lee

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cliff Lee

Postby zEli173 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:48 pm

This is the first time I've seen him pitch and so far he looks decent but I'm certainly not overwhelmed. He has an average fastball topping out at 90 mph. His curve is decent, it has a lot of break but is of the looping variety as opposed to sharp movement. I haven't seen him throw any other pitches yet. The strongest part of his game appears to be control, he is throwing a lot of strikes.

It's a really small sample size, but I thought I'd pass along my observations.
zEli173
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby benjapage » Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:15 pm

his line looked pretty good to me...but i didn't see him actually pitch. i've heard and read good things about him. he's supposed to really come into his own this year...

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby zEli173 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:23 pm

Well the best part of his game, his control, left him when he tired in the 4th. I've read all the hype too and grabbed him for all three of my teams but I dropped him in both of my mixed leagues. I watched pretty much all of today's performance and now I can say I wasn't impressed.

He might put together solid numbers this season but his stuff is far from dominating so don't expect anything great in terms of K's. All in all, I don't seeing him as having big upside this year. That being the case I would much prefer to have a veteran pitcher who will be more reliable.
zEli173
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers