At what point does the 'tryout' period end?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

At what point does the 'tryout' period end??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

At what point does the 'tryout' period end??

Postby LouisC9999 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:33 pm

The starting pitchers who have started games for me so far are (number of starts in parentheses):

Schilling (2)
Halladay (2)
Wolf (2)
Contreras (1)
Clement (1)

The owners of these pitchers will feel my PAIN. !+) !+)

I have ONE win to and a nice number of strikeouts to show for playing them but my composite ERA right now (after Wolf's latest fiasco) is 5.92 and seemingly worsening after EVERY start.

I'm now in that DREADED zone where I think "Maybe I should sit them all down until they get on track" but then I think "I'd HATE for them to get on track while sitting on my bench...".

How many BAD starts do you tolerate before you start cleaning house or sitting them down?

Louis
LouisC9999
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bloody Nipples » Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:36 pm

Look, you have a great staff, with 2 top ten pitchers. Dont start worrying until about a month into the season. If they are all struggling a lot by then, then maybe its a good time to let the go.
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Bloody Nipples » Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:38 pm

maybe you even have two top five pitchers. can you check out mine? PLEASE
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LouisC9999 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:49 pm

Sure. Can you post it here?
LouisC9999
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LBJackal » Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:01 pm

Never bench your studs. It's as simple as that. Most of the guys you mentioned havn't been that bad. Give them time, but don't bench them.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby PeterG » Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:12 pm

That's one helluva staff! Keep them in at least till mid-may and then only take the weaker guys out like contreras and clement. Schilling has one of the best offenses behind him so the wins will come. Halladay's offense ain't too bad either and his pitching is looking like it did last year (remember he didn't really take off until after a couple of starts), Contreras has the best offense in the game, Clement has a good offense and great pitchers too learn from... cut these guys a break its 2 starts into the season, don't start jumping ship yet
"It's one thing if a ghost terrorizes my children but quite another when he plays my theramin!"

[url]http://my.peterdc.tk/[/url]
PeterG
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:23 pm

personally, i never would've never jumped ON the clement/wolf ship. Your other 3 guys are great, and you have to keep using them. I would bench (or drop for better SP's) WOlf and Clement. (Schilling's actually been quite good, so you don't really have any basis for your complaint about him anyway).
I'd rather repeatedly use my studs and get bombed than have them benched when they pitch a gem.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Baseball Leftovers