yup, Javy is definitely a bust this year... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

yup, Javy is definitely a bust this year...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

yup, Javy is definitely a bust this year...

Postby justinA » Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:07 pm

HA! he's hitting over .600, 2 HR, 7 RBI. In every "whos gunna bust" topic you saw his name, but it doesnt appear that he will. He is gunna tear the cover off the ball the whole year esp. when he gets 19 games against the D-rays. GOD BLESS JAVY LOPEZ AND THE ORIOLES!
The Oreos!
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Baseballer02 » Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:09 pm

Jumpin the gun a bit there fella. Plenty of time to bust.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Zito is God » Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:10 pm

...Its.....week 1......

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Andy1234 » Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:12 pm

So, he'll be the first person to hit over .600 since......I can't remember the last time that this happened. Had to be a few years back, Just for some reason its not jumping out at me.

No reason yet to believe that Javy will be a Bust. Hopefully he keeps it up. It be nice to see a .600 hitter.
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. -Crash Davis

Stewie : [watching a baseball game] Why does that man drop his club before he runs? I would bring it with me!
Andy1234
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Zito is God » Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:14 pm

I don't believe he'll bust but I remmeber when after about 3 weeks Jim Endmonds last year was hitting around .412, and Baseball tonight was discussing what are the chances of him hitting .400 for the year. Well, he ended up under .300 so hitting .600 first week means nothing, look at Charles Johnson....

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:17 pm

the steroids keep working for javy :-b . he is just murdering that ball. Like someone should call 911, we gotta a baseball massacre going on.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby eftda » Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:18 pm

JustinA... to go along with your logic.. The Tigers will win the World Series and go 162-0... OH WAIT.... its week one... :-t
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby justinA » Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:18 pm

I'm just saying.. most busts dont go 15-27 or whatever it is to start a season. You guys are morons if you think I'm implying he's gunna hit .600, he probably wont even hit .330, but I'm just making a statement about how well he's playing. Sorry, didnt know I couldnt post until after week 1 about somebody's stats.
The Oreos!
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby willieroe » Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:31 pm

justinA wrote:I'm just saying.. most busts dont go 15-27 or whatever it is to start a season. You guys are morons if you think I'm implying he's gunna hit .600, he probably wont even hit .330, but I'm just making a statement about how well he's playing. Sorry, didnt know I couldnt post until after week 1 about somebody's stats.

Only if he's doing badly.... ;-D
willieroe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby justinA » Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:39 pm

eftda wrote:JustinA... to go along with your logic.. The Tigers will win the World Series and go 162-0... OH WAIT.... its week one... :-t

OH WAIT.. your an idiot.. the Tigers are 4-1.. they lost to the Twins.. maybe you should keep up before you try to sound cool by doing some really tough math. Nice one. They would actually be 130-32 if you round up. Oh, and you know what, the Tigers, A's, Marlins, and Reds would all mysteriously end up tied all with 130 wins...
The Oreos!
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers