pitching - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

pitching

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

pitching

Postby ivan » Tue May 28, 2002 4:54 pm

5X5 mixed with weekly changes. start at least 5 SP and no bench.

Offered trades but no replies. Strong in pitching (3rd place in categories), need batting help.

SP- unit, glavine, prior, ishii, w.miller, padilla (radke on IL)
RP- graves, gagne, wagner

What should I do when I have to play radke? feel like dropping ishii and his huge WHIP. maybe Graves.

W.Williams is available but is he a worthy add'n? only trailing by 3saves. Just keep 2 closers?

As far as hitting, dropped Kearns for B.Giles. Bad idea?
OF- L.Walker, JD, Erstad, A.Jones, Berk
U- Durazo and Giles.
What's wrong with Durazo?

behind in steals and avg. Ichiro for Padilla and JD fair? or one of my OF. thanks ;)
ivan

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Wed May 29, 2002 3:36 am

Dropping Ishii probably makes sense, but keep an eye on how Miller looks as well. I'd keep all three rp's. If you do decide to trim down to two, try to trade one.

Williams is certainly looking good. He may even be ahead of Radke right now.

And I don't think picking up Giles was a bad idea. Kearns, as much as I like him, is still a risky player, and the playing time shuffle the Reds are using doesn't help.

As for Durazo, it looks as if the team is just being cautious. he should be fine.

And I like the JD/Padilla for Ichiro offer, especially if you can combine that with picking up Williams. If this deal were to go through, your steals/average problems would most likely be over.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers