Seeking Your Advice - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Seeking Your Advice

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Seeking Your Advice

Postby The Jury » Fri Mar 14, 2003 12:51 pm

I've got the 7th and 14th picks in the usual 5x5 mixed league draft with 10 teams.

With my 14th pick, should I take a power guy or one of the big shortstops? I'm pretty sure that neither Nomar/Tejada/Jeter will be available with my third pick.

What should I do? Power or SS? And if power, which shortstops should I plan on getting later?
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikeg » Fri Mar 14, 2003 1:20 pm

if tejada is still there at 14, grab him. he's got power at a position where power is a rarity. In all the listings i've seen Tejada is usually ranked between 10 and 15 (13th in the most recent ESPN Player Rankings) so i think you're on the right track.
America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.
mikeg
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MikeeDee » Fri Mar 14, 2003 6:19 pm

I'd take a SS too, I prefer Nomar over Tejada though.
MikeeDee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby ramble2 » Fri Mar 14, 2003 6:55 pm

I'd go with a SS. I'd rank them as Tejada, Nomar then Jeter. Tejada will hit 5-10 more HRs than Nomar, though his BA might be a little lower. In the third round you might be able to grab Manny - I got him there in a 12 team Yahoo league (31st pick).

Another option is to grab Kent with your second pick. 2B is also a shallow position, and Kent will give you very good power numbers (better than any of the SS you mentioned). You could then try and grab a Renteria, Rollins or Furcal later in the draft. Also keep your eye on Jose Hernandez. He strikes out so much that people tend to underrate him - but he's got a lot of power and isn't a bad choice (especially now that he's at Coors).
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Return to Baseball Leftovers