[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 562: include(./includes/trivia_unanswer.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 562: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './includes/trivia_unanswer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php')
homeruns (answered) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Trivia Time Trial

homeruns (answered)

Moderator: Baseball Trivia Mods

homeruns (answered)

Postby tddf30 » Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:41 pm

How long was the longest Homerun Ever Hit, and who hit it
tddf30
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Andy1234 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:45 pm

I'll say Mickey Mantle hit the ball, as for the distance, I've seen 634 as the longest, I've also seed other distances. There isn't any concrete information on the longest hit ball, but most (not all) say Mantle with some sort of Distance to go along with it.

This is a question that could have multiple answers depending on where you heard or read the info.<br><br><span class=gensmall>Accepted as answer by tddf30 on Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:36 pm EST.</span>
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. -Crash Davis

Stewie : [watching a baseball game] Why does that man drop his club before he runs? I would bring it with me!
Andy1234
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby tddf30 » Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:35 pm

On May 22, 1963 at Yankee Stadium. Bill Fischer tried to blow a fastball past Mickey with the score tied in the eleventh.

Bad idea. Mickey stepped into it and, with perfect timing, met the ball with the sweet spot of his bat, walloping it with everything he had. Mickey’s hit seemed destined to precede Sputnik into space.

Just as the ball was about to leave the park, it struck the facade mere inches from the top with such force, it bounced all the way back to the infield. They estimated the ball traveled 734 feet as Mickey circled the bases. This is your chance to learn from the Mick, how to do it.

Mantle wrote “good hitters are not born, they are made.” And this is your chance to learn, straight from Pinstriped Yankee #7, whose number, along with the Babe’s was retired forever, the secrets to hitting with a few tips on fielding, throwing, and running.

Well this is what i found, but all i really wanted was who hit the ball
tddf30
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Trivia Time Trial