Multi-player deal - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Multi-player deal

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Multi-player deal

Postby FicoCR » Tue May 28, 2002 12:16 am

I have a team on CBS Sportsline fantasy baseball, I'm playing on head to head league, and I have this team:

C: Jason Varitek, A.J. Pierzynski
1B: John Olerud
2B: Luis Castillo
3B: Tony Batista
SS: Carlos Guillen, David Eckstein
OF: Jim Edmonds, Lance Berkman, Ichiro Suzuki, J.D. Drew, Carlos Beltran, Richard Hidalgo
P: Eric Milton, Ben Sheets, Danny Graves, A.J. Burnett, Barry Zito, Mariano Rivera, Esteban Loaiza, Orlando Hernandez, Mark Mulder

And due to injuries and slow starts on some on my pitchers, I'm looking for a trade to get some help in that departmen, and I received this offer today:

I get:
Josh Fogg
Freddy An. Garcia
Bobby Higginson
Gary Sheffield
Robin Ventura
Bob Wickman

and I give:
Danny Graves
Carlos Guillen
Mariano Rivera
Ichiro Suzuki

Should I go with it? I'm not sure about giving Suzuki and Rivera. Any advice will be very appreciated.

Thanks.
FicoCR

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby it'sbeenawhile » Tue May 28, 2002 12:28 am

I would strongly suggest NOT taking this trade for a number of factors

1. See Josh Fogg's last start. Great up and coming pitcher. Not worth two closers.
2. See Ichiro's numbers. Even though this trade gives you two extra players. There is no one who will give you Ichiro's consistency. Remember golden rule for fantasy trades: superstar=superstar. You're not getting a superstar.
3. Sheffield's Hammy
4. Higginson's team<--decent player, bad ballclub

I personally would not go for this trade. With your hitters, I would be looking for something more along the lines of a one for one. Maybe Ichiro for a top of line starter- it seems that your team has a surplus of speed (Castillo and Eckstein, no?) Look to move Castillo if you're not willing to give up Ichiro.
it'sbeenawhile

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Tue May 28, 2002 4:48 am

Welcome! Hmm... Interesting offer. I agree that you probably shouldn't accept, but with a bit of tweaking, something good may come of this.

I like the idea of dealing Ichiro or another of. This area is certainly one of your strengths. Losing Guillen doesn't hurt you. Going down to one closer doesn't sound like something I'd want to do though, unless you have a line on a replacement.

Garcia could certainly help you, and Fogg has potential, but wouldn't significantly upgrade your current rotation. What you really need is an ace.

Getting an of in return doesn't hurt, but isn't necessary. Sheffield's hamstring trouble is a serious concern, but if the price is right, it might be a risk worth taking.

Receiving Ventura would be a nice bonus.

Anyway, I agree with it'sbeenawhile that you should see if you can snare a top-of-the-line starter for Ichiro. If that doesn't work, try to rework this deal so that it leaves you with two closers, less need to drop players from your roster to make space for those coming in, and a solid pitching upgrade. If this was the first offer you received from this team, there should certainly be room for negotiation. Good luck!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers