Is this really a 1st place team? "Whir" - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Is this really a 1st place team? "Whir"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is this really a 1st place team? "Whir"

Postby eatyun » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:30 pm

16 team H2H League Dynasty League 6X6 , I have had this team since 2007, I Have only finished in the playoffs once as this was a complete rebuild process that is now is paying off. But is this really a 1st place team? (ive been in 1st every week but one)

C. Yadier Molina
1B. Matt Adams
2B. Omar Infate
3B. Kyle Seager
SS. Chris Owings
MI. Neil Walker
CI. C.J Cron
OF. Charlie Blackmon
OF. Lorenzo Cain
OF. Khris Davis
OF. Kole Calhoun
UTIL. Adam Eaton
DL- Brandon Belt

SP. Felix Hernandez
SP. Mike Minor
RP. Zach Britton
RP. Darren O Day
P. Juan Carlos Oviedo
P. Luke Gregerson
P. Brad Ziegler
P. Neil Ramirez
Bench - Shelby Miller, Hyun Jin Ryu, Jason Hammel, Jared Cosart, Jonathon Niese, Dice K, Justin Masterson
DL- James Paxton, Micheal Wacha
eatyun
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 519)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is this really a 1st place team? "Whir"

Postby JohnnyBaseball » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:46 pm

I like your team as a whole. Solid young guys, that should produce playoff appearances for years to come. I would think that your OF, Belt, and sweet pitching should get you there next year as well. You have no big time headliners like Springer/Polanco/Harvey/Fernandez but your core is nicely spread out with guys who will continue to produce day in and day out. I really like Belt, but as we talk about years from now, his team could be up in the air. I know that the Giants will want to move their boy from C to 1B, and could use Belt as a trade chip as this kid ages. We'll see. I still like him a lot.
I would say that you are getting first place finishes due to some unbelievable first halves (Neil Walker comes to mind as well as Blackmon). But your pitching, which I have the most knowledge of personally, is very nice (minus Dice-K). I don't know a lot about RP, but I have and still do watch Britton, and he'll stick around with this production all year. You could totally take it all this year, but I see you with a top 5 finish realistically, maybe even top 3. I only say this because who knows who will get the lions share of the playing time in the CO outfield, and can Blackmon really keep it up? He has batted .270 with 3HR in the last month and that may not scream start me with the OF depth in CO. Plus Neil Walker isn't hitting 30 HR (which he was one pace for before the injury) I gotta love Khris Davis though, like Braun if he never did roids. I was sad I had to trade him, but you should definitely stick with him in a dynasty.
I know I said you'll prob finish top 3, but I can't make a move for you anywhere. You're pretty damn solid, and very young. Don't touch anything! haha I always want to fine tune my winning machine, but I need people to tell me not to, or I'll wreck myself. I'll be your "that guy" and tell you to just ride out the streak! I'd give you a 40% chance to win it all, and with 16 teams that's saying something.
Overall grade: A-
JohnnyBaseball
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team