Can you rate/analyze team for improvments WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Can you rate/analyze team for improvments WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Can you rate/analyze team for improvments WHIR

Postby birdbrains » Mon May 26, 2014 7:32 am

My team is doing well
5th place in an 18 team leage
but its heating us as the top teams are trading for top players and getting better...lots of trades with picks going on

how do you think my team is
improvements?
what do I leave alone?
what do I try to fix?
who on my team will falter and who will get better later?

THIS IS A KEEPER LEAGUE WHERE YOU GET TO KEEP 10 PLAYERS FOR THE NEXT YEAR...NO TIME LIMITS

18 TEAM LEAGUE H2H
Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL
Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Hits (H), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base + Slugging Percentage (OPS)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Quality Starts (QS)

MY TEAM IS
c - Montero, Miguel (Ari - C)
1b - Smoak, Justin (Sea - 1B)
2b - Kendrick, Howie (LAA - 2B)
3b - Sandoval, Pablo (SF - 3B) -
ss - Rollins, Jimmy (Phi - SS)
lf - Moss, Brandon (Oak - 1B,LF,RF)
cf - Billy Hamilton (CF)
rf - Pence, Hunter (SF - RF) -
util -Victorino, Shane (Bos - CF,RF)

sp -Travis Wood (SP)
sp - Cobb, Alex (TB - SP)
sp -Shields, James (KC - SP)
sp -Garza, Matt (Mil - SP)
rp -Holland, Greg (KC - RP)
rp -Soriano, Rafael (Was - RP)
rp - Brian Shaw (RP)
p - LaTroy Hawkins (RP)
p - Hector Rondon (RP)

bench - Derrik Norris (C)
bench - Kyle Seager (3rd)
bench - Juan Francisco (1st,3rd)
bench - Seth Smith (LF,RF)
bench - mARK Reynolds (1st, 3rd)
bench -Mat Latos (SP) DL
bench- Hamels, Cole (Phi - SP)
bench-Zobrist, Ben (TB - 2B,SS,RF) DL
bench- Daniel Webb (RP)
birdbrains
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 109)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Can you rate/analyze team for improvments WHIR

Postby JohnnyBaseball » Wed May 28, 2014 11:15 pm

Batting

I'm sitting in the same boat as you about Kendrick. I know he had a hot start (That was fun right?) But he hasn't been as great recently. Plus he has been known to blow chunks the second half of the season. All in all I think I may keep him just because he's atop one of the top 5 offenses in baseball.

I also know that Smoak is going to get better. He was hot and then again not. But he crushes and those will land more in open field, especially in Seattle, as the year goes on.

I've never been a fan of Brandon Moss. He'll destroy a shitty pitcher one day, then k 2/3 times against better pitching. He'll also make it rain for a few weeks, and then turn to shit all of a sudden. I just can't rely on him. One of those guys I just don't turn to.

Sandoval has lost a lot of weight, and he's getting better. I like him to stick around.

I don't know where Montero went. He just lost it and can't find it. Luckily Arizona isn't good enough to put any pressure on him with more sit days.

Billy Hamilton is ok. I know CF is hard to find. I grabbed Springer fortunately, had Heyward. I'm guessing you can't find another.

I hate Hunter Pence. Just as a person. And his weird stance. And he's way too skinny. And the Giants aren't going to hit this well forever.

Reynolds strikes out so much and is streaky, and is getting hot. Maybe try and lure people with him.

Seth Smith is not as good as his numbers and needs to go too.

Offense wise, Zobrist is coming back. Maybe make a move to get a better 2nd baseman / OF. Maybe someone has a stud and needs OF / RP or 1B/3B Reynolds and will take Seth Smith.

Adam Jones or Carlos Gomez for Seth Smith and Reynolds and maybe +RP or +Hamilton
Matt Carpenter for Kendrick and Seth Smith and maybe +RP

Lets do pitching

Wood is at his potential. That ERA is super off, but take out those terrible games and I think he's where he's gonna be. I think he will go deeper into games since he never throws that many pitches. However, he isn't the type for shutouts or 8 innings no runs. He just doesn't strike enough guys out.

I love Alex Cobb. I'm a Yankee fan so I see him pitch quite a bit, and he's just awesome. I'm bummed I didn't get him this year, this guy is gonna be the bees knees. He was just going too high in drafts this year for me.

Garza will get crazy run support, hello wins. He's just never been super impressive to me. Mostly just name recognition now.

Shields has underwhelmed, but he's just too good to not have a strong second half. Look for him to turn it around. We havn't seen the same stuff but I just feel that it's in there. Ubaldo syndrome.

Your SP Is pretty nice. I can't help with RP, my league doesn't have any so I know nothing about them.
In my opinion, give a SP that has nothing to do with corn and a RP for a bigger name SP.
Or trade those guys - Seth Smith / Reynolds / Brandon Moss straight up or +SP(maybe Garza) for a Eilte SP.

Overall - 8 out of 10. I think we just have different looks on players. But for an 18 team league not bad at all. Maybe 1 of the moves I suggested but I think your pretty solid.

Boom.
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=470158

Thanks in advance
JohnnyBaseball
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team