Arismendy Alcantara - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Arismendy Alcantara

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Arismendy Alcantara

Postby jonboycubs » Wed May 21, 2014 7:15 am

Somebody tell me something good about this kid. I drafted him in last night in the 8th round of my dynasty draft. Do not make picks after you have had a few beers. It is my first proper dynasty draft, I have been playing for 5 years, but never in a league this complex so I am trying to build a strong foundation so I have something to work with. I do not mind building, do not want to win right away, but do want to have pieces that will help me put together trades. I think being a cubs fan may have played into me grabbing this kid...
"I was taught you never, ever disrespect your opponent or your teammates or your organization or your manager and never, ever your uniform." Ryne Sandberg
jonboycubs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 1094)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Arismendy Alcantara

Postby Havok1517 » Wed May 21, 2014 10:32 pm

I think he can be a good player. Probably more of a 2B than a SS but I also believe he'll be pushed by Javier Baez at 2B, Catro at SS, and Bryant at 3B before getting traded. Still, he is capable of hitting double digit HR and 20+ SBs in a season. So, he has a lot of value but maybe not on the Cubs though I could see a mid-season call up or trade in his future this year.

http://www.faketeams.com/2014/2/5/53755 ... -the-grade
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)

Re: Arismendy Alcantara

Postby jonboycubs » Thu May 22, 2014 3:34 pm

Thank you for the great article, I feel better about him, just stressing a bit as I have never had to draft minors and it really is a whole different ball game, better, but still different. I really researched my next pick, which as me basically using Google and then finding the common denominator. I grabbed Tyler Glasnow SP Pirates and his thing is basically command, which is obviously huge for a pitcher but signs pointed in right direction. I almost went Jameson Tallion, but went Glasnow instead due to TJ surgery for Tallion. He was taken right after I picked Glasnow. The problem as I am sure you know with drafting prospects is you really just don' know, well at least I don't, lol, thanks again
"I was taught you never, ever disrespect your opponent or your teammates or your organization or your manager and never, ever your uniform." Ryne Sandberg
jonboycubs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 1094)

Return to Minor League & College Baseball