Concern about Nomo? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Concern about Nomo?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Concern about Nomo?

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:02 pm

From CBS-
Pitching coach Jim Colborn told the Los Angeles Times the Dodgers were concerned about Hideo Nomo's decreased velocity from last season. He said he club might have underestimated how long it would have taken him to recover from offseason shoulder surgery. "It might take longer than we thought because he never had any pain" Colborn said of Nomo during spring training.
(Updated 04/07/2004).

FANTASY ANALYSIS
Colborn said he hopes Nomo's velocity will increase with some mechanical changes. "He had surgery and he also has a mechanical problem," Colborn said. "We'll fix the mechanical problem, or try to, and see what the results are." Nomo is a very risky start on Saturday at Colorado.

The owner of Nomo cut him after reading this and seeing his last start. Think it's worth the risk to pick him up? Or let someone else deal with him? The player i could drop would be Hasegawa.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mmdmaznn » Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:37 pm

I would pick him up...sit him on the bench for the next start in Colorado and just wait and see. I think he'll bounce back...dropping him after the last start was too impulsive...you haven't got much to lose. If he doesn't pick up after a couple starts, you can always drop him. Have you got anyone else to drop than Hasegawa?
"No risk, no reward..."
mmdmaznn
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mmdmaznn » Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:44 pm

Actually, after Hasegawa's performance today, you may not mind dropping him for Nomo...hope he wasn't in your lineup...
"No risk, no reward..."
mmdmaznn
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:17 pm

Nope he wasnt in my lineup. :-D It's a points league and i already have 4 closers. We can start any 7 pitchers a week. But if Hasegawa were to remain a closer than that would give me some valueable trade bait. Thats the only hold up i have about releasing him. Other possible guys to release maybe Koskie,Burroughs one of them.. Riske,T.Hunter even though my OF is weak already w/ Dye,Kearns,Wells(being the exception).
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mmdmaznn » Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:30 pm

Well, I think that Hasegawa just had a bad day...as all good pitchers will once in a while...

Maybe Burroughs...someone will probably jump on the chance for Nomo if you don't...it just depends if you want the risk...which doesn't look half bad...Nomo's next outing may make or break...
"No risk, no reward..."
mmdmaznn
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers