Which top prospect? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Which top prospect?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which top prospect?

Postby Surfs up » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:05 am

Who do you see having the better career ? J. Baez or A. Russell ? Which one is expected to be called up the soonest?
Looking at the A's Jed Lowrie is in the last year of his contract. Do they resign him and move Russell to second base? Or do they let Lowrie walk and give Russell a shot next year?
The Cubs aren't going anywhere and are loaded with prospects. No need to rush Baez. Do they leave him at short?

I own Russell in two leagues. I really like Baez but he was taken just before I picked. I think I can get Baez in a trade but we can only keep one minor leaguer.

Your thoughts?
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 4778
(Past Year: 199)
Joined: 14 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Which top prospect?

Postby Havok1517 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:01 pm

Surfs up wrote:Who do you see having the better career ? J. Baez or A. Russell ? Which one is expected to be called up the soonest?
Looking at the A's Jed Lowrie is in the last year of his contract. Do they resign him and move Russell to second base? Or do they let Lowrie walk and give Russell a shot next year?
The Cubs aren't going anywhere and are loaded with prospects. No need to rush Baez. Do they leave him at short?

I own Russell in two leagues. I really like Baez but he was taken just before I picked. I think I can get Baez in a trade but we can only keep one minor leaguer.

Your thoughts?


Baez is my answer to all of your questions. I believe Baez will get called up next month and play 2B full-time with Castro at SS.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8511
(Past Year: 116)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Which top prospect?

Postby Y`s Guy » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:33 am

Havok...I'm waiting....where is he?
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3225
(Past Year: 278)
Joined: 30 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Re: Which top prospect?

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:57 pm

Y`s Guy wrote:Havok...I'm waiting....where is he?


LOL, well his batting average and strikeout totals haven't helped but he's been fairly strong lately and the power has stayed constant. You might have to wait till after the trade deadline so Valbuena/Bonafacio can potentially be dealt. Still, Baez is a level ahead of Russell in AAA so I gotta think we see him somewhat soon.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8511
(Past Year: 116)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Which top prospect?

Postby Y`s Guy » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:36 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
Y`s Guy wrote:Havok...I'm waiting....where is he?


LOL, well his batting average and strikeout totals haven't helped but he's been fairly strong lately and the power has stayed constant. You might have to wait till after the trade deadline so Valbuena/Bonafacio can potentially be dealt. Still, Baez is a level ahead of Russell in AAA so I gotta think we see him somewhat soon.


I would guess Russell gets a call first but with Lowrie ahead of him in Oaktown I don't see him getting that call until an injury hits. No cup of coffee, tho. Just an injury replacement call.

Baez started out so bad I don't think he recovers any faith for a call this season.

If Theo keeps Bryant down past July I will hunt him down and shoot him.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3225
(Past Year: 278)
Joined: 30 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Re: Which top prospect?

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:53 pm

Y`s Guy wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
Y`s Guy wrote:Havok...I'm waiting....where is he?


LOL, well his batting average and strikeout totals haven't helped but he's been fairly strong lately and the power has stayed constant. You might have to wait till after the trade deadline so Valbuena/Bonafacio can potentially be dealt. Still, Baez is a level ahead of Russell in AAA so I gotta think we see him somewhat soon.


I would guess Russell gets a call first but with Lowrie ahead of him in Oaktown I don't see him getting that call until an injury hits. No cup of coffee, tho. Just an injury replacement call.

Baez started out so bad I don't think he recovers any faith for a call this season.

If Theo keeps Bryant down past July I will hunt him down and shoot him.


and here we go
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8511
(Past Year: 116)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Sep. 1
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Philadelphia at Atlanta
(1:10 pm)
NY Mets at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Boston at Tampa Bay
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Minnesota at Baltimore
(1:35 pm)
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
(2:15 pm)
Milwaukee at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Seattle at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Detroit at Cleveland
(4:05 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
Arizona at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Texas at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Washington at LA Dodgers
(8:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact