Question about Max Innings/Max Games Played???? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Question about Max Innings/Max Games Played????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Question about Max Innings/Max Games Played????

Postby ScrappyDoo » Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:06 pm

Im currently in a yahoo league that has no maximum amount of innings pitched or games played. Now I feel this is unfair in several aspects. First it produces an unfair advantage to those with a very strong bench, when their studs arent playing they can plug in a equally as good alternate. Secondly, it provides an unfair advantage to those that are more active in the league. I myself check every day, but there are some in the league that dont. So when the Astros dont play for example, Player #1 has Berkman and Kent in and receive 0 stats, while Player #2 switches in replacements and gets to receive their stats. And finally, we used this format last year, and at the end of the year, people were dropping their best pitchers like pedro and prior to pick up no names who were pitching the final few days of the season, so they could gain points in wins and k's. Is it just me or should the commissioner change the league format to provide 182 max games for batters, and a suitable amount of IP for pitchers, do even the playing field. Thanks for helping, sorry about the length.[/quote]
ScrappyDoo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby intense » Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:08 pm

yes, I agree with you, this format does seem to totally favor those who edit lineups everyday.

A limit should be set.
intense
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bleach168 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:08 pm

Caps on games played and innings pitched is a must!

If your league has already drafted, you're screwed because you can't justify changing the rules after people start playing.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:09 pm

Ah - you are in one of "those" leagues. Thats too bad. Is it h2h or roto? Im assuming h2h.

Not a lot you can do for this yr since youve already drafted, but come next yr you will be wiser.

This is one of the many reasons why Roto rules - IP and GP limits.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Andy1234 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:59 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Ah - you are in one of "those" leagues. Thats too bad. Is it h2h or roto? Im assuming h2h.
No, it sounds like a ROTO without any limits, which like he said provides an unfair advantage to the overly active. Limits should always be set, but as was said once the draft is over there is no justification for rule changing.
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. -Crash Davis

Stewie : [watching a baseball game] Why does that man drop his club before he runs? I would bring it with me!
Andy1234
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby CubsFan7724 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:07 pm

ouch. no inning or game cap sounds pretty dumb. Have fun with your league, since there isnt much you can do now.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:07 pm

We have 4 SP, 3 RP, and 3 P, what should we set the inning max at. And we are able to still change the settings, i think it isnt too late to change it, its still early in the season.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby ScrappyDoo » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:11 pm

sorry that was me
ScrappyDoo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Apex » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:27 pm

Anonymous wrote:And we are able to still change the settings, i think it isnt too late to change it, its still early in the season.

You can change it. It's just a matter of how fair that really is. After all, some people may have drafted with the league rules in mind. I know I do, and I'd be annoyed if the rules were changed after the draft.
Apex
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ScrappyDoo » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:32 pm

No, we all voted and everyone is ok with it. It would just make it more fair for those who dont check every day. Anyone have a clue as to a good amount of innings pitched. 4 SP, 3 RP, 3 P, i was thinking around 1800. Is that too much or too little. Thanks.
ScrappyDoo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers