LM in my league. Trying not to be a hypocrite. Fair offer? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

LM in my league. Trying not to be a hypocrite. Fair offer?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

LM in my league. Trying not to be a hypocrite. Fair offer?

Postby erjohnson1 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:25 pm

I'm LM in my league that I've been playing with for four years. One of the guys in the league is a huge Brewers fan and in particular a Ryan Braun fan. Would offering my Ryan Braun and Pedro Alvarez for his his Miggy in a non keeper league be an unfair offer? I'm pretty positive that he'd accept, but I'm not wanting to stir up shit early on in the season especially since we've run into stuff without unfair trades in the past. What do you guys think of this trade, I should throw in someone else to make it fairer, and do you guys think it looks bad to offer a guy a player that everyone in the league knows he likes?
erjohnson1
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: LM in my league. Trying not to be a hypocrite. Fair offe

Postby ayebatter » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:24 am

Make the offer it's a smart play on your part. ;-)
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1363)

Postby converge241 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:45 am

Worried about backlash? Many times Braun was going in the first round this year even with the risk and adding in one of the best options at 3B due to the power? Its not vetoable at all
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)

Postby jonboycubs » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:04 am

Yeah with Braun in the trade you have nothing to worry about at all, make the deal, I am an LM and a trade can be the fairest thing in the world and you will still get some random owner who has a problem with something. We have a vote in my league and there is one team that votes veto on every single trade, Some teams get jealous they could not get the player, or they do not want another team being better than them, sportsmanship exists in fantasy too, you are fine with this offer and I have not one problem with it ;-D
"I was taught you never, ever disrespect your opponent or your teammates or your organization or your manager and never, ever your uniform." Ryne Sandberg
jonboycubs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 1094)

Postby IveGotTheRuns » Tue May 13, 2014 4:50 am

If I were him I would decline that trade in a heartbeat, but only because Braun's balky thumb scares me too much. With that being said, the trade looks fair enough to pass, especially if he needs help in the outfield. As a LM myself there are always people who will claim a trade is unfair. After one of the trades I made last year, someone posted that I was fleecing the other guy. An hour later someone else posted that it should be vetoed because I was clearly giving players away. In the end the trade worked out well for the both of us (I traded Brandon Phillips for David Price shortly after Price hit the DL. I had 3 quality second baseman but my pitching staff stunk). I'd just throw it up to a league vote like any other trade and see what happens.
IveGotTheRuns
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 6)

Return to Commissioner's Corner