Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Is this a good offer for me?(WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is this a good offer for me?(WHIR)

Postby kidsilk » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:22 pm

13 team, NL ONLY, auction league, 6-9 keepers per year depending on where you finish in the standings the year before, 4x4 cats with RP, AVG, SB, HR and S, W, ERA, WHIP as catgories. Can only keep for 3 years unless you extend their contract in the offseason. I didn't extend any of my keepers this year.

I am looking to compete this year but also trying to rebuild for a title run again next year.

I was thinking about offering he following trade to a guy who wants Hoover and Braun.

MY Homer Bailey (12) who I can only keep one more year after this year, Hoover (1), and Braun (42)

for

HIS Puig (11) and Junior Lake (12)

Thoughts?

My Team:

C-Lobotan (2)
C-Salty (8)
1B-Trumbo (34)
2B-Carpenter (21)
3B-Headley (12)
SS-Hecharravaria (2)
MI-Pennington (1)
CI-Franco (5)
OF-Braun (42)
OF-Brown (17)
OF-Heyward (32)
OF-Pollock (15)
OF-Soler (1)
U-McGehee (1)
DL-Scutaro (8)

P-Bailey (12)
P-Anderson
P-Cahill
P-Farnsworth (1)
P-Hoover (1)
P-Heaney (3)
P-Syndergaard (10)
P-Maholm
P-Wood (17)
DL-Garcia (11)
DL-Floyd (1)
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2114)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is this a good offer for me?(WHIR)

Postby BalooDP » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:46 pm

Hoover is worthless and won't have the job in 2 months, and Braun is expensive at $42. Puig and Lake as keepers at $11 and $12 apiece are great in an NL-only league. I'd do this hard if you don't think you can really win this year, which by your team doesn't seem like it to be honest. I would take this and get pieces for the future. Puig is already an all-star and Lake has a high ceiling and is getting starting time in Chicago. They'll both be better than Braun and Bailey in a keeper league in three years.

Help? viewtopic.php?t=469090
BalooDP
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 147)

Postby fierro33 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:22 pm

i think puig is a little risky but braun even more so.....plus he is very pricey. I would let go of braun..do it
fierro33
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 199)

Postby Elsy » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:19 am

I think it would work for you....so long as Puig is only out a few days with his finger issue
Elsy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 56)

Postby Emerald City Blues » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:32 am

Its not a bad deal...you're probably losing some value this year (IMO, Bailey is more valuable than Lake....Lake is doing OK, but the dude strikes out...A LOT), but Lake could be a useful player/trade piece later.

I'd probably go for it.
16 team, roto 6x6

C-Castro
1B-Goldschmidt, Rizzo, Butler
2B-Kipnis, Prado
3B-Sandoval, Frazier
SS-Miller
OFs-McCutchen, Werth, Brown, Swisher, Span, Castellanos

SPs-Wacha, Ryu, Wheeler, Ventura
RPs-Reed, Hunter, Soria, Clippard, Lindstrom, Fields
Emerald City Blues
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 59)

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:32 am

I would take Puig and Lake.
I like the potential of Puig more than Braun. there is the whole risk of Braun and how much PED have been help to him even if you don't count his injury right now. but considering his thumb injury now it's even a bigger risk. he wasn't much good last year with an injured thumb and if he is going to have to have surgery he is going to be out.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 39)

Postby WhoDatRebs » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:09 am

If you are worried about the high price tag of Braun and don't see yourself extending him to next year (and don't think he will give you an immediate chance to win your league this year) it's not a bad offer because of the upside that Puig offers at such a low price. I wouldn't put too much stock into getting Lake, he's kind of just thrown in there, but the low price to keep Puig makes it a pretty good deal. Help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=469099
WhoDatRebs
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby NikkiSixx » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:10 am

Losing Bailey will suck but a guy like Puig in a keeper for that price is great. Braun is the biggest question mark and is the x-factor in this deal. I think he will be good again but it's only speculation at this point... especially with the thumb issues. Honestly I like the Braun and Bailey side a bit more, but I like the price of Puig a lot more. The potential superstar in Puig for a low price is what wins me over. I would take Puig.

As always kidsilk, I appreciate the help with mine! ;-D
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 368)

Postby bcdavis31 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:48 am

If I was shooting for next year, and those two groups of players were in front of me, I'd take Puig and Lake. Hoover won't be very relevant for long, so you won't miss him. If you feel comfortable with where it leaves your pitching (SPs), or have some moves planned further along, I would do it.
bcdavis31
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 70)

Postby jonboycubs » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:51 am

Getting two young keepers at that price is great, even with Puig's finger thing right now, he will get bumps and bruises but the discipline will eventually come. Bruan is way too expensive, I do not care what is reputation is, and he is just as much a risk as Puig, yeah you lose the pitcher, but I think this deal is well worth it and I would do it in heartbeat, good luck and thanks for help on mine ;-D
"I was taught you never, ever disrespect your opponent or your teammates or your organization or your manager and never, ever your uniform." Ryne Sandberg
jonboycubs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 1124)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions