Holds..
RP - Sean Doolile
RP - Rex Brothers
RP - Cody Allen

BN - Mike Minor (DL)
DL- Mat Latos
DL- Aroldis Chapman

Balanced lineup? SP too thin?..
THOUGHTS, OPINIONS, INSIGHT, DROP SOMEONE, TRADE SOMEONE tell it all!
Leave a link I'm happy to help with yours!!
RPDfire007
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: THOUGHTS ON MY TEAM *WHIR*

Postby SuperDoodles » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:46 pm

I think you're solid up and down, maybe just a couple tweaks. I like Montero and Adams but think there are better options out there. Montero should be serviceable, or even a little better, but keep your eye on d'Arnaud from the Mets. Adams just has trouble against lefties. If he can or has improved on that I think he's great, but you might want to have someone to slot in those days, the Cards have other options.
(Edit: as soon as I hit submit I saw the "Be" next to Moss, that's the kind of guy I was talking about. Kind of solves the Adams problem)

Pitching is at a premium in my 10 man league so I suggest pay particular attention in general. Don't forget holds guys are great addition pieces to trades. You're looking good right now, but there's no guarantee Soria keeps his job if Feliz finds his velocity. He's not likely to lose it, but worth watching in a month or two, or if he starts struggling a lot (just what you'd normally concern about).

Those are just little things, I like your team makeup. Good luck!

viewtopic.php?t=469033
Thanks for any feedback!
SuperDoodles
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 43)

Postby Irish Drunk » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:56 pm

For a 10 teamer I'm lukewarm on this roster.

The good
I love your rotation. I have Kluber, Cobb, Gray and Cashner on multiple teams. Nice mid range guys who could put up top tier numbers. You may have a hard time fitting Latos and Minor in there when they get healthy. Some good trade bait here. The only arm I don't like is Samardzija - nice K's but bad team and high WHIP.

The bad
Montero at C, E Cabrera SS, Adams UTL. In my opinion none of these guys are worth a starting spot in a 10 team league with no CI or MI positions. I understand the speed factor but that's all Cabrera brings to the table. I have Montero as my starting C in a 16 team league and I'm not exactly comfortable with that. He's not as bad as last yrs numbers but I can think of at least 12 good options ahead of him.

The ugly
That closer situation could turn on you quickly. Soria hasn't closed in 2 seasons, Santos I like (he's found his nasty slider again) but is a temporary fill in and Axford will not survive the season as the closer. Good on you for picking up Allen however. Hopefully Chapman can come back and pick up where he left off last year.

Recommendation
Trade some of the surplus arms and get a decent catcher and/or shortstop. Or search the waiver wire there must be some decent options there.
Irish Drunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 160)

Postby RPDfire007 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:40 am

Irish Drunk wrote:For a 10 teamer I'm lukewarm on this roster.

The good
I love your rotation. I have Kluber, Cobb, Gray and Cashner on multiple teams. Nice mid range guys who could put up top tier numbers. You may have a hard time fitting Latos and Minor in there when they get healthy. Some good trade bait here. The only arm I don't like is Samardzija - nice K's but bad team and high WHIP.

The bad
Montero at C, E Cabrera SS, Adams UTL. In my opinion none of these guys are worth a starting spot in a 10 team league with no CI or MI positions. I understand the speed factor but that's all Cabrera brings to the table. I have Montero as my starting C in a 16 team league and I'm not exactly comfortable with that. He's not as bad as last yrs numbers but I can think of at least 12 good options ahead of him.

The ugly
That closer situation could turn on you quickly. Soria hasn't closed in 2 seasons, Santos I like (he's found his nasty slider again) but is a temporary fill in and Axford will not survive the season as the closer. Good on you for picking up Allen however. Hopefully Chapman can come back and pick up where he left off last year.

Recommendation
Trade some of the surplus arms and get a decent catcher and/or shortstop. Or search the waiver wire there must be some decent options there.

Would you prefer Dee Gordon for a SS option?
Russel Martin instead of Montero?
RPDfire007
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Postby SuperDoodles » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:36 pm

RPDfire007 wrote:
RPDfire007 wrote:
Would you prefer Dee Gordon for a SS option?
Russel Martin instead of Montero?

Gordon has looked solid so far. Probably cost me my matchup this week with his performance today. Not a lot different than Everth but on a much better team.

I'm not too high on Russell but not too high on Montero either. The whole of the Diamondbacks is slumping so Martin may at least be a better short term option
SuperDoodles
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 43)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team