Thoughts on Team?? WHIR!!! Thank you. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Thoughts on Team?? WHIR!!! Thank you.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Thoughts on Team?? WHIR!!! Thank you.

Postby bjmacdow » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:52 pm

10 Team League, I picked 3rd. 6x6 with OPS on offense and QS on pitching. Holds are not a statistic.

What do you think of team overall?
Who do you play in Utility spots if everyone is playing? I am kind of leaning Chris Johnson, ATL and Ben Revere, PHI for starting util.
Should I be concerned about team concentration with at least two players from SF/ARI/SD/KC/ATL?

Please provide any thoughts or comments. WHIR!!! Thank you for your opinions.

Catcher: Buster Posey-SF
1b: Paul Goldschmidt-ARI
2b: Aaron Hill-ARI
SS: Everth Cabrera-SD
OF: Adam Jones-BAL
OF: Yasiel Puig-LAD
OF: Hunter Pence-SF
OF: Norichika Aoki-KC
Util: Salvador Perez-KC
Util: Andrelton Simmons-ATL
BN: George Springer-HOU
BN: Ben Revere-PHI
BN: Chris Owings-ARI
BN: Chris Johnson-ATL

SP: Max Scherzer-Det
SP: Zack Grienke-LAD
SP: Gio Gonzalez-WAS
SP: Danny Salazar-CLE
SP: Michael Pineda-NYY
SP: Zack Wheeler-NYM

RP: Trevor Rosenthal-STL
RP: Jason Grilli-PIT
RP: Fernando Rodney-SEA
RP: Jonathan Papelbon
bjmacdow
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 44)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Thoughts on Team?? WHIR!!! Thank you.

Postby bcdavis31 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:54 pm

Your team looks good. I think your pitching especially is really solid. Stud at the top, reliability in the middle, upside at the bottom. That's ideal to me. Good RPs too.

Did you leave out your starting 3B? Or are you playing Johnson there? Do you start 4 outfielders?

The great thing about Utility positions is that you don't have to decide beforehand who you're going to put there (relatively speaking). I think Chris Johnson is a really solid candidate. He's got a shot at batting cleanup in a Braves lineup with some speed up top (one of which is Simmons). I think Revere is going to have a good year, and obviously has speed. So starting those 2 in those Util positions would give you a good balance. See how some of the younger guys do in the onset. Also, take a look at matchups, especially if you have time to set your lineup on a daily basis. But those decisions should be made weekly (or daily) based on who you're playing, their strengths, and how your other players are producing- thus, what stats you need that week.

In my personal opinion, I don't worry much about team concentration. Not to the point that you sacrifice a player for one that you wouldn't otherwise have, anyway. It all evens out in the end. You have good players and concentration shouldn't impact if/how you use them that much.

All in all, your team looks solid. I'd feel good at this point.
bcdavis31
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 71)

Postby bjmacdow » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:08 pm

BC Davis, thank you for the feedback. Gyorko is in 3b right now and he was left off the list and we do start 4 OF. That started when the league was 8 teams to bring the volume of FAs down and it stuck when it got to ten. Also, I failed to mention that it is a ROTO league and not H2H. I feel pretty good about the team also; but the concentration is something I haven't dealt with before and I just envision looking at a D backs box in which they were blown out and knowing my team hurt that night.
bjmacdow
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 44)

Postby Benkei » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:14 pm

Harder for me to evaluate since a 10 team league with only 11 active hitters means hitting lineups will be much more stacked than I am used to.

That said, hitting looks a little light since other than Goldy you don't have any more of the prototypical big slugger types who will really prop up your OPS. I usually try to get 2 if not 3 of those guys in deeper roster leagues than this. Since you have S-Perez I'd try to trade Posey for an upgrade over Aoki in your starting OF for someone with more power.

However, your pitching looks out of control awesome, especially since 10 active pitchers seems like a heavy requirement. I especially like how you landed 4 legit closers, which should buy you some trade leverage.

Definitely put Revere in one of those Util spots, you could use the extra bags.
Benkei
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 7)

Postby handslikesecrets » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:15 pm

I think you have nothing to worry about, solid team. I wouldn't be concerned about trading. You may want to look at getting another solid bat at some point, but your Pitching is excellent.

Help with mine?

viewtopic.php?t=468762
handslikesecrets
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 15)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team