Daily FAAB with Yahoo - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Daily FAAB with Yahoo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Daily FAAB with Yahoo

Postby Gobias315 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:46 am

Hey there,

I'm looking for some advice and wondering if anyone has done this setup on Yahoo before. The season is starting soon and I may need to revert changes so that's why I came here for some help.

I run a Yahoo league and we're just starting the FAAB. But we are having issues. I want FAAB bids to be processed everyday so the following day they are rostered. Waiver settings are continuous (everyone on waivers). Everyday is selected in terms of waiver dates.

Current situation: I want to add Adam Lind on 3/27. According to the waiver claim he won't be on my team until 3/29.

What I'm looking for: I place a bid on Adam Lind on 3/27. I win. On 3/28 he is on my roster and can be starting for me.

Does anyone know if this is possible on Yahoo? Has anyone tried this before?
Gobias315
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Daily FAAB with Yahoo

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:09 pm

Gobias315 wrote:Hey there,

I'm looking for some advice and wondering if anyone has done this setup on Yahoo before. The season is starting soon and I may need to revert changes so that's why I came here for some help.

I run a Yahoo league and we're just starting the FAAB. But we are having issues. I want FAAB bids to be processed everyday so the following day they are rostered. Waiver settings are continuous (everyone on waivers). Everyday is selected in terms of waiver dates.

Current situation: I want to add Adam Lind on 3/27. According to the waiver claim he won't be on my team until 3/29.

What I'm looking for: I place a bid on Adam Lind on 3/27. I win. On 3/28 he is on my roster and can be starting for me.

Does anyone know if this is possible on Yahoo? Has anyone tried this before?

It is possible if you configure your waivers the way you already have, but also change your roster change setting to Daily - Today from Daily - Tomorrow. Keep in mind that there are downsides to Daily - Today, and some people who are sure it is what they want end up disliking it. The prototypical example is: a guy on your team gets injured carrying deer meat up some stairs (just to throw out an example). You want to drop him and add someone else, but you can't, because his team's game has already started that day, and you can't yoink someone off your team on a day they are active. Oh well. But then the next morning, you sleep in a bit. His team starts playing, so again you can't dump them. And so on. To drop such a player, you need to get in on a day before his team starts playing (or has no game).
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner