How do I salvage this team?(WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How do I salvage this team?(WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How do I salvage this team?(WHIR)

Postby kidsilk » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:37 pm

So, had my NL ONLY draft last night, 9 keepers per year, 5x5 roto, auction with 260 dollar cap, 23 man rosters, 13 teams.

Holy crap guys. People in my league overbid like crazy last night. Kershaw went for 54 dollars and McCutchen for 47!! I got Braun for 42 and Trumbo for 34 which isn't bad in my opinion. Also, closers went for 22 to 36 dollars last night to. Even crappy Veras and Hawkins went for over 20 dollars and Kimbrel went for 36!!! Needless to say I didn't get a closer and will have to trade for one or just hope Hoover holds down the job at least until Chapman comes back in 6 weeks or hope that Chapman doesn't come back at all. The following is my crappy team...LOL. Obviously I have to pick up some arms until the rookies come up and Floyd comes off DL but guys like Maholm, Chatwood and such are on the WW.

Who should I look to trade for a decent starter?

C-Salty (8)
C-Lobotan (2)
1B-Trumbo(34)
2B-Carpenter(21)
3B-Headley(12)
SS-Hechavarria (2)
MI-Scutaro(8)
CI-Franco (5)
OF-Braun (42)
OF-Brown (17)
OF-Pollock (15)
OF-Heyward (32)
OF-Soler (1)
U-McGehee (1)

P-Bailey (12)
P-Garcia (11)
P-Alex Wood (17)
P-Syndergaard (10)
P-Heaney (3)
P-Floyd (2)
P-Hoover (1)
P-Farnsworth (1)
P-Vincent (2)
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1209)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How do I salvage this team?(WHIR)

Postby afern401 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:24 pm

It might just be easier to punt saves. Pick up available RP that could earn a closer role, and let them at least help you in other pitching categories. Focus your attention on the rest of your team and hope a FA works out. Last year I recorded only 7 saves in a 9 team 5x5 AL roto and came in 3rd.
afern401
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 23)

Postby handslikesecrets » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:52 pm

Yeah, might be best to capitalize on certain categories and just let others go. I really like Braun this year, I think that was a solid pick-up. You might want to stream some pitchers at first to get yourself some Wins and Ks.

Help with mine?

viewtopic.php?t=468672
handslikesecrets
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 15)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kidsilk » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:43 am

Any other thoughts?
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1209)

Postby vitalogist » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:51 pm

Another option, maybe think about moving one of your outfielders? It might be easier to grab someone in the first week or two off waivers (injury replacement, or minor league call up) to replace Brown, Pollock, or even Heyward than it would be to find a solid starter, especially if your league doesn't allow streaming... just another thought.

Thanks for helping with mine!
vitalogist Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby boki » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:51 pm

You posted in mine so i said id reply. So ive never played a NL or AL only. But ill try n feed you some advice.

Obviously stay all over free agents. Im not sure if your free agent bidding is real money in your league or just fake money, if its real than you should be more cautious so your not wasting money for no reason. Look for pitchers. Figure out whos expandable on your team and try n grab people with hot starts and hopefully they stay that way. Dont spend all your money obviously on any one guy make sure you save enough for streaming or possible closers or incase of injuries.

I would honestly sell Heyward or Domonic Brown. Heyward might turn out to be a stud this year or some other but i got tired of waiting on him. He was supposed to be a star and hasnt shown a glimpse of it yet. But he has that Star Status name and hes young so you could possibly get a tonne for him. Id package him and a pitcher you dont like much but with some value not just some crap. And combo them two for a established pitcher and a decent out fielder, maybe one who steals.
boki
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 5)

Postby boki » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:58 pm

One other thing i wanted to add was i play in keeper auction leagues for football and they over spend too. You have to roll the same way. Pick a few studs you really want and make sure you get one. If you went over your balance on him than hold back on your next guy or so on, than have a second tier of guys you want and do the same. Same like the faab make sure to save money at the end, when people run out of money $10 players can turn in to very useful players
boki
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 5)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team