Champ Last Year, How Did I Do This Year?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Champ Last Year, How Did I Do This Year??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Champ Last Year, How Did I Do This Year??

Postby handslikesecrets » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:42 pm

Please rate my team. No keepers, fresh draft. 10 Team, Head 2 Head.
R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS are the 6 offensive categories.
ERA, K, WHIP, W, SV, K/BB are the 6 pitching categories.

MY TEAM:
C ........Carlos Santana
1B .......Eric Hosmer
2B .......Robinson Cano
3B .......Miguel Cabrera
SS .......Jose Reyes
OF .......Ryan Braun
OF .......Jose Bautista
OF .......Carlos Beltran
UTIL .....David Ortiz
UTIL .....Pero Alvarez
BENCH ..Willin Rosario
BENCH ..Martin Prado
BENCH ..Domonic Brown
BENCH ..Everth Cabrera

P ......Clay Buchholz
P ......Sonny Gray
P ......Iva Nova
P ......Francisco Liriano
SP .....Jered Weaver
SP .....Alex Cobb
RP .....Jim Henderson
RP .....Fernando Rodney
BENCH Zack Wheeler
handslikesecrets
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 15)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Champ Last Year, How Did I Do This Year??

Postby bravos89 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:58 pm

Your teams looks really good. The only thing I'd change is that I'd drop Prado if I were you since you don't really need him at 2B and he doesn't provide very much upside at OF. Pick up a SP with some upside for some more pitching depth.
bravos89
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kidsilk » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:17 pm

Super strong offense but a little weak in pitching for a 10 team mixed league as you don't really have a #1 starter. You do have a couple of second tier guys in Liriano, Weaver and Cobb. I would look to move 2 of Alvarez, Prado, Brown and Rosario for another good starter. Someone must be weak at catcher since you have 2 of the top 5 and you don't need Alvarez or Prado seeing that Miggy is a lock at third. Brown has upside too so could be good trade bait. I would probably try Alvarez and Brown to get a stud arm. Otherwise you look good.

thanks for your help with mine.
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1209)

Postby bcdavis31 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:58 am

I agree with the above comment. Your lineup is about as solid as it can be with plenty of power potential.

I actually wouldn't be too worried about your pitching. No, you don't have a stud, but you do have a handful of reliable, good pitchers. What do you hope for out of a stud pitcher? 1 W, 10 Ks, <2.00 ERA, <1.20 WHIP in 7 innings seems like a really solid weekly contribution to me. Maybe hope for more if you catch him on a week where he has a Monday and weekend start? I think the rotation you have will make you competitive on a consistent basis in those categories without relying on a stud to get you there week in and week out. Plus, the WW is always good for breakout pitchers. Consider last year's Cashner, Colon, Nova, Salazar, the list goes on.

That being said, it never hurts to have one of those guys, and you have some really solid guys on your bench and in utility positions. If you're going to set your lineup everyday, you could keep those guys for off-days/rest days, and theoretically have a lineup full of solid batters almost every day. However, if you're confident in your starting bats to carry you (off days considered), it may not be a bad idea to deal a couple for a nice arm. Shop around your league and identify people that have needs you can satisfy. I'd be comfortable with dealing Rosario and/or Alvarez (great for HR, horrible for Avg) or maybe someone else. Doesn't seem like you need Prado and you may find someone who will pay for his utility. Overall, looks like you're in a good place. Keep an eye on the WW for pitchers.

Thanks for your thoughts on mine.
bcdavis31
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 71)

Postby bjmacdow » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:18 pm

I don't know how you get Cabrera, Cano, Braun and Joey Bats on one team.

I am not as down on your pitching; but would pick a guy to drop to start streaming if you can do that in your league.

Your relief pitching is light too. If possible, look for another closer. If you have decided to totally punt that category, use Henderson and Rodney as your trade bait and concentrate on the other 11 categories knowing you have to take 7/11 each week instead of 7/12.

Thoughts on mine: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=468741&p=3665310#p3665310
bjmacdow
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 44)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team