2nd Draft/Epileptic Seizures hit at bad time. HELP???..WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

2nd Draft/Epileptic Seizures hit at bad time. HELP???..WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

2nd Draft/Epileptic Seizures hit at bad time. HELP???..WHIR

Postby jonboycubs » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:57 pm

16 TEAM H2H EACH CATEGORY, 9 KEEPERS, 27 MAN ROSTER
Batters - AVG/RUNS/SB/HR/RBI
Pitchers - ERA/WHIP/K's/WINS/HOLDS/SAVES


So I posted my first draft allready earlier about what happens when you draft the same day you have and epileptic seizure. Seizures never come at the right time as I had two drafts that day and this was the later one so I was pretty much out of it by time I got to this one and was just praying for the draft to be over. None the less here it is and excuses are just excuse even if a seizure is a good one :-D . Luckily I had some really nice keepers, especially with my pitchers, but my bats leave something to be desired. To be honest I was just grabbing guys just to move it along faster. I sort of regret it now but what is done is done and I said with my earlier post we will soldier on and trade ourselves into contention, if possible here, lol, its all fun though. So who do I need to pick up? What area do I need to focus on? Is my team that bad or not as bad as I think. Once again thank you for any help as it is appreciated more than you know, and posting two teams in one days is a big ask but thanks! Leave a link if you need help, and I will leave a link to the FA list. ;-D

Free Agency -http://games.espn.go.com/flb/freeagency?leagueId=16221&teamId=15&seasonId=2014

MY TEAM
C-Buster Posey (keeper)
1B – Anthony Rizzo (keeper)
2b – Jurickson Profar (keeper)
3b – Matt Dominguez
SS- Asdrubal Cabrera
2B/SS – Tommy La Stella
1B/3B – James Loney
OF – Jason Heyward (keeper)
OF – Torii Hunter
OF – Matt Joyce
UTIL – Ben Revere
UTIL – Jon Jay
B – Cody Ascher
B- Jonny Gomes
B-Brian Roberts
B- Mike Aviles

SP – Julio Teheran (keeper)
SP – Adam Wainwright (keeper)
SP – Jose Fernandez (keeper)
SP – Michael Wacha (keeper)
SP – Miguel Gonzalez
SP – Martin Perez

RP –Kenley Jansen (keeper)
RP – Jason Grilli
RP – Joakim Soria
RP – Luis Avilan
RP – Vic Black
"I was taught you never, ever disrespect your opponent or your teammates or your organization or your manager and never, ever your uniform." Ryne Sandberg
jonboycubs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Response Team
Posts: 1397
(Past Year: 1094)
Joined: 20 Dec 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2nd Draft/Epileptic Seizures hit at bad time. HELP???..W

Postby I Stumped the Schwab » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:06 pm

Love the top half of the rotation. Not much is on the wire, so i'd kind of hold off and see how it goes as it isn't pressing, tho personally I might drop Gonzalez for David Hale. Your offense not so much haha. Id pick up Mike Olt, it's a gamble, but he at least could be used at 1b and 3b. I love Gomes as a player, but he is just not a good fantasy option. I'd drop him for Aaron Hicks.
I Stumped the Schwab
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 168
(Past Year: 39)
Joined: 8 May 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2nd Draft/Epileptic Seizures hit at bad time. HELP???..W

Postby jonboycubs » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:54 pm

I Stumped the Schwab wrote:Love the top half of the rotation. Not much is on the wire, so i'd kind of hold off and see how it goes as it isn't pressing, tho personally I might drop Gonzalez for David Hale. Your offense not so much haha. Id pick up Mike Olt, it's a gamble, but he at least could be used at 1b and 3b. I love Gomes as a player, but he is just not a good fantasy option. I'd drop him for Aaron Hicks.


I was looking at Hicks and Gomes seems to get him in every category except stolen bases, Hick has a good bump there, but Gomes has him in all the other Cats. Olt is a big gamble so not sure who is worth dropping for him, any ideas? Thank you again
"I was taught you never, ever disrespect your opponent or your teammates or your organization or your manager and never, ever your uniform." Ryne Sandberg
jonboycubs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Response Team
Posts: 1397
(Past Year: 1094)
Joined: 20 Dec 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2nd Draft/Epileptic Seizures hit at bad time. HELP???..W

Postby jonboycubs » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:44 pm

Well to make matters worse, down goes Profar
"I was taught you never, ever disrespect your opponent or your teammates or your organization or your manager and never, ever your uniform." Ryne Sandberg
jonboycubs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Response Team
Posts: 1397
(Past Year: 1094)
Joined: 20 Dec 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2nd Draft/Epileptic Seizures hit at bad time. HELP???..W

Postby I Stumped the Schwab » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:01 pm

jonboycubs wrote:
I Stumped the Schwab wrote:Love the top half of the rotation. Not much is on the wire, so i'd kind of hold off and see how it goes as it isn't pressing, tho personally I might drop Gonzalez for David Hale. Your offense not so much haha. Id pick up Mike Olt, it's a gamble, but he at least could be used at 1b and 3b. I love Gomes as a player, but he is just not a good fantasy option. I'd drop him for Aaron Hicks.


I was looking at Hicks and Gomes seems to get him in every category except stolen bases, Hick has a good bump there, but Gomes has him in all the other Cats. Olt is a big gamble so not sure who is worth dropping for him, any ideas? Thank you again


You got me on Olt, but still go with Hicks, he will be an everyday player, Gomes won't
I Stumped the Schwab
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 168
(Past Year: 39)
Joined: 8 May 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2nd Draft/Epileptic Seizures hit at bad time. HELP???..W

Postby raek » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:55 am

I appreciate the comment on mine. However, since I am the LM of this league, I should probably refrain from commenting on your FA pickups. :-D
-raek
raek
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 550
(Past Year: 65)
Joined: 16 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2nd Draft/Epileptic Seizures hit at bad time. HELP???..W

Postby jonboycubs » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:49 am

raek wrote:I appreciate the comment on mine. However, since I am the LM of this league, I should probably refrain from commenting on your FA pickups. :-D



I was wondering when the time would come I would run into someone I knew up in here, and damn I helped you ;-D
"I was taught you never, ever disrespect your opponent or your teammates or your organization or your manager and never, ever your uniform." Ryne Sandberg
jonboycubs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Response Team
Posts: 1397
(Past Year: 1094)
Joined: 20 Dec 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: neuronss and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Sep. 15
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Miami at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Cincinnati at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Cleveland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
San Francisco at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Seattle at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Philadelphia at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact