10 team, mixed, h2h - WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

10 team, mixed, h2h - WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

10 team, mixed, h2h - WHIR

Postby dillonlockwood » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:40 pm

We went from a 12-team last year to a 10-team this year.
Now that there are so many more good players available as FA, should I still be using two spots for a platoon like Lind/Byrd? I would be taking Andrus out of the Util spot and I don't know if it's worth it.

C - Joe Mauer
1B - Paul Goldschmidt
2B - Chase Utley
3B - David Wright
SS - Ian Desmond
OF - Jason Heyward
OF - Jayson Werth
OF - Josh Hamilton
Util - Elvis Andrus
Bench: Daniel Murphy, Aramis Ramirez, Adam Lind, Marlon Byrd

SP - Adam Wainwright
SP - Justin Verlander
SP - Hyun-jin Ryu
RP - Trevor Rosenthal
RP - Steve Cishek
P - Fernando Rodney
P - Doug Fister
P - Andrew Cashner
Bench: Corey Kluber

Available FA worth looking at are Mark Teixeira, Michael Bourn, Alex Wood, Jose Veras, and Cody Allen.
RP's change so often throughout the season that I don't like to draft CL who don't have great K/9 and ERA, so I like Cody Allen a lot. This strategy has worked wonders for me for three years. I got Josh Hamilton dirt cheap but I'm not excited about my OF. Him and Werth could light it up or kill my team, and I don't have a decent backup OF. This league overvalues pitching and the minimum innings is high so I'm thinking drop Lind/Byrd for Allen/Wood, then put my OF on the trading block to see what hits. I'd look to send Rodney and an OF for a better OF. Thoughts?

Link me to your post and I'll give it some real feedback. Thanks.
Last edited by dillonlockwood on Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dillonlockwood
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 10 team, mixed, h2h

Postby dillonlockwood » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:44 pm

Oh, and categories are:
R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS - W, L, SV, K, ERA, WHIP
dillonlockwood
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 12)

Re: 10 team, mixed, h2h - WHIR

Postby jonboycubs » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:08 pm

It is a nice looking team, My initial thought is Wright, not saying he is not a great player as we all know he is, but I am think you could package him and then throw Hamilton in, So you could get rid of him and his injury risk, I bet if you did this you could get a lot back as the buyer would not so much think about Hamilton but the fact he is getting Wright. You could then get a nice OF and 3B back and maybe even a closer. You could also possibley get two OF you want. Hope that makes sense..

Now I might be going crazy here, but with the players mentioned above, Wright and Hamilton, maybe even throw in a Verlander and sell him based on his name as he may or may not bounce back. I think the innings may be catching up with him. I think you could manufacture a huge trade for yourself here, I know you are giving a lot and I may sound crazy, but I bet you could get a ton more in return and players you want. Something to think about

Just initial thoughts but I would not blame you for sticking with what ya got, I kind of like to trade if you can't tell! ;-D Good Luck and hope it helps some

Also though on a side note, I think you could use another good arm, so giving Verly does not help there, but if you could package all that and get two good arms back also. I know I am suggesting a huge trade to figure out, but I will give best advice I can, lol. I do like Bourn on the FA list and that is about it

MINE
viewtopic.php?t=468522
"I was taught you never, ever disrespect your opponent or your teammates or your organization or your manager and never, ever your uniform." Ryne Sandberg
jonboycubs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 1094)

Postby Seanyfever » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:21 pm

LOoking good.

I can't see rostering Lind and Byrd in 10-team league. I don't play a league this small. I imagine the talent is pretty rich.

I also love Allen. Pretty practical in terms of pitching ratios. If you have a strategy that works with him, employ it.

CHECK MY POST!
viewtopic.php?t=468547
Expos... Gone, but not forgotten.
Seanyfever
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team
(Past Year: 289)

Postby bravos89 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:02 pm

I'd definitely drop Byrd for Wood since there's likely available FA OFs in a a ten team league that have more upside than Byrd. Wood seems to be picking up steam as a sleeper/breakout candidate and I think he'll post really good numbers with a pretty secure spot in the Braves rotation.
bravos89
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 5)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team