Drafted earlier today. How'd I do? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Drafted earlier today. How'd I do? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Drafted earlier today. How'd I do? WHIR

Postby SpartyTigers » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:35 pm

8-team H2H standard points (ESPN). 3 keepers. 3rd pick snake draft.
C: Wilin Rosario
1B Paul Goldschmidt
2B: Jason Kipnis
3B: David Wright
SS: Jose Reyes
2B/SS: Jedd Gyorko
1B/3B: Chris Davis
OF: Andrew McCutchen
OF: Carlos Gomez
OF: Jay Bruce
OF: Jason Heyward
OF: Domonic Brown
UTIL: Pedro Alvarez
Bench: Curtis Granderson
Bench: Matt Adams

P: Madison Bumgarner
P: Jordan Zimmermann
P: Gerrit Cole
P: Mike Minor
P: Julio Teheran
P: David Robertson
P: Jason Grilli
P: Sonny Gray
P: Chris Archer
Bench: Casey Janssen

My three keepers were McCutchen, Goldschmidt, and Davis.

I love my offense, especially my infield, but I'm not very high on my pitching. I held off picking a pitcher until the 10th round because of all the great batters available. I originally drafted Jean Segura but I traded him for Bumgarner because I needed pitching and had 3 other MI.

Let me know what you think. Leave a link so I can help with yours. Thanks for your help
SpartyTigers
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 36)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Drafted earlier today. How'd I do? WHIR

Postby TheCaseDogg » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:24 pm

Although this my first year playing fantasy baseball in quite some time (I played in college and follow the game quite a bit), I like this team and it sounds loaded with bats and young up and coming arms. You got McCutchen, Goldschmidt, Kipnis, Wright, Heyward, Brown, Reyes, and Chris Davis and that sounds like a lineup that can win you a league. Also, you got some good arms in Minor, Cole and Zimmerman. This team has makings of a nice year as long as everything goes smooth and easy for ya.

Make sure to take a look at my lineup also and give some feedback. Thanks.
Last edited by TheCaseDogg on Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheCaseDogg
T-Ball Trainer

(Past Year: 4)

Postby JohnJacob » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:23 am

Only guy who scares me is Carlos Gomez... Hes going to be leading off, not a good spot for him. Otherwise looks to be pretty balanced. Check mine out once.
JohnJacob
T-Ball Trainer

(Past Year: 2)

Postby jonboycubs » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:35 pm

I actually really like your pitching and your bats are nice too. My first thought was for you to try and move Reyes and Wright. I know they are good, but I see Reyes being hurt a lot. So maybe you can sell him and get a great price by getting a decent SS back to replace Archer. Wright as good as he is also lacks due to his team, but you could get a great price for him and maybe replace Robertson, Archer, Gray, and then get a nice 3b back. However I would not blame you for not listening to me at all. As you for sure have a nice team to work with! A trade or two and you should be a nice contending team! ;-D

MINE
viewtopic.php?t=468502
"I was taught you never, ever disrespect your opponent or your teammates or your organization or your manager and never, ever your uniform." Ryne Sandberg
jonboycubs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 1094)

Postby jonboycubs » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:37 pm

JohnJacob wrote:Only guy who scares me is Carlos Gomez... Hes going to be leading off, not a good spot for him. Otherwise looks to be pretty balanced. Check mine out once.

I agree with this also, not huge on him as others are, but I have been known to be wrong, however with the moving of who I said above, I believe you could get a lot with those two guys and get rid of an injury risk
"I was taught you never, ever disrespect your opponent or your teammates or your organization or your manager and never, ever your uniform." Ryne Sandberg
jonboycubs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 1094)

Postby I Stumped the Schwab » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:11 pm

I feel this is tough because in an 8 team league every team is going to have a bunch of talent. This is a nice team, tho i'd say there are too many health/question marks for my liking. This is a very nice pitching staff for holding off so long. I think this could still be a very strong team. This is one of those things where I would hold off on doing too much now, but be sure to keep an eye on the wire
I Stumped the Schwab
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 39)

Postby bigdawg78 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:58 pm

In an 8 team league I believe your pitching will hurt you.. I'm looking at it and telling myself it's not bad.. (and it isn't horrible), but in an 8 team league I am thinking everyone else's must be kick @.. again, I don't hate the pitching, but I think (and hope im wrong) it could hurt you if everyone else's is really good..
if you cant hang with the bigdawg get on the porch :)
bigdawg78
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Seanyfever » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:18 pm

bigdawg78 wrote:In an 8 team league I believe your pitching will hurt you.. I'm looking at it and telling myself it's not bad.. (and it isn't horrible), but in an 8 team league I am thinking everyone else's must be kick @.. again, I don't hate the pitching, but I think (and hope im wrong) it could hurt you if everyone else's is really good..

^^ This was my thoughts... Team looks good but it is small league. Getting MadBum for Segura I think was slick. I agree that you pursue some further pitching using Reyes as the prize. I have lukewarm feelings on Granderson as well.

Good luck ahead.

CHECK MY POST!
viewtopic.php?t=468547
Expos... Gone, but not forgotten.
Seanyfever
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team
(Past Year: 290)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team