Thoughts on My Team? (WHIR!) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Thoughts on My Team? (WHIR!)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Thoughts on My Team? (WHIR!)

Postby KrazyA428 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:22 pm

Just drafted - let me know where you think my weaknesses are. We keep 10 from year to year.

Rules: 10 Team Head to Head, 7x7 (we use TB and OBP for Offense, Holds and Losses for Pitching)

C - Y. Molina
1B - F. Freeman
2B - M. Prado
3B - E. Longoria
SS - J. Segura
OF - A. McCutchen
OF - G. Stanton
OF - J. Bruce
U - J. Abreu
U - D. Jennings
BN - E. Cabrera
BN - A. Eaton
NA - O. Taveras

SP - Jose Fernandez
SP - D. Price
SP - A. Sanchez
RP - S. Romo
RP - A. Reed
RP - R. Brothers
P - L. Gregerson
P - J. Peralta
P - J. Tazawa
BN - S. Gray
BN - A. Cashner
BN - R. Dickey
BN- H. Kuroda
BN - K. Gausman
KrazyA428
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Thoughts on My Team? (WHIR!)

Postby NikkiSixx » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:29 am

Thanks for the help with mine! ;-D

I like your starting rotation and outfield a lot. Jose Fernandez is probably gonna be really fun to own like he was last season! (Although playing on the Marlins and this league counting losses, that has to hurt his value slightly). Since your league counts holds I definitely like the fact that you have Gausman. Assuming he makes the opening day roster, he should be in the bullpen to start off with upside to possibly be a starter or a closer at some point in the year. Gotta love his upside. You seem to be fine on holds in general. AT LEAST 2 of Gray, Cashner, Dickey, Kuroda should pan out to be could back of the rotation guys for you. I think Brothers will end up with the closer role full time at some point, it's just a matter of when.

The outfield as I've already mentioned is great and that has potential to get you 100 home runs out of those 3 players alone (and all the total bases that come with it!). Longoria will be solid as always, although I do worry about Freeman (depending on the price you paid). He usually struggles to get .500 slugging percentage and I'm thinking his average will come back down in the .290 range. Other than that he is a solid player, but his value takes a slight hit in leagues that count total bases, but he makes up for it with a solid OBP in this league. You mentioned that I have an overkill in speed... I think it's better to be safe than sorry (and if I'm good on speed I'll shop gardner in my league), but in here I like that you have Everth Cabrera on the bench. Your speed looks like it COULD be lacking (it's tough to project how many stolen bases Jennings will actually steal this year), but you have Cabrera right there for insurance, well done. I think Segura, McCutchen, and Jennings will combine for close to 100 steals, but after that you have slugs on the basepaths. I'm thinking you will need to use guys like Cabrera and Eaton often in your lineup to stay competitive in steals. It looks as though you should be solid in the other categories though, you did a good job balancing the team.

Hopefully our teams stay healthy! Good luck this year ;-D
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 433)

Postby KrazyA428 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:56 am

I appreciate the thorough response! Good luck to you this year as well.
KrazyA428
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Philly_05 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:15 am

I think this team will be good but not great. You should do well in the batting categories with plenty of power. You will have good speed numbers with Segura, Cabrera, Cutch and Eaton leading the way. Not totally sold on the pitching staff. A lot rides on Fernandez. If he can dominate again and Price and get right you have a nice 1/2 punch. But the staff behind the top two is lacking for a 10 team league. That is good for you because you can work the wire to fix it over the season. The closers will be another position to keep a eye on. Romo should be solid but I don't love Reed with Putz breathing down his back. Would have liked to see another rock solid closer on the team especially with so few teams.

help on mine?
viewtopic.php?t=468395
Philly_05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 634)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team