Aroldis Chapman - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Aroldis Chapman

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Aroldis Chapman

Postby BalooDP » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:35 am

Hit by a comebacker in the face by Sal Perez, fractured his nose and whatnot.

Pick up JJ Hoover or Jonathan "Guns of" Broxton?
BalooDP
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 171)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Aroldis Chapman

Postby hot4tx » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:55 pm

I'd rather Hoover wins the job due to the better ratios I think he'll give. So I think there's more upside there. However I honestly could see them going with Broxton since he's got experience, saves make guys like Hoover expensive, and they have a top closer that should come back by the all-star break. If they had a mediocre guy or if it was a shoulder that has serious risk of keeping him out all year I think they'd give Hoover a shot, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Broxton got the first shot.

I'd pick up both if I had room. If I only had room for one, it would depend on my league. If closers and most next-in-line types are valued pretty highly in my (deep) league I might take Broxton since I think he's likely to get the first crack at saves, but it'd be close. If there's a couple lower-tier closers or at least the top next-in-line types laying around I'd want to take the upside guy and definitely grab Hoover.
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 135)

Re: Aroldis Chapman

Postby hot4tx » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:58 pm

Another question - what is Chapman worth right now in 5x5 HTH redraft? You should get him back full strength around mid-June (?) and have a 5th round / $20 closer from then on. Would you value that over a full season of a 12+ round guy like Balfour or Parnell?
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 135)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates