How Bad is my team?(WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How Bad is my team?(WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How Bad is my team?(WHIR)

Postby kidsilk » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:38 am

12 team, AL ONLY, 23 man rosters, non keeper redraft auction with 260 dollar cap, 5x5 roto

Just drafted last night and overspent too early on, just so impulsive! LOL What do you guys think of my team? People were spending 20+ on all the good closers and I stayed out of that mess but had to hope with Jones, Feliz and Norris I will get some saves.

C-Arrencibia (1)
C-Vogt (1)
1B-Santana (24)
2B-Altuve (24)
3B-Beltre (35)
SS-Miller (15)
MI-Aviles (3)
CI-Machado (17)
OF-Almonte (1)
OF-Jones (32)
OF-Lough (1)
OF-Rasmus (11)
OF-Ichiro (2)
U-Singleton (1)

P-Cobb (19)
P-Dickey (14)
P-Doolittle (2)
P-Feliz (11)
P-Gray (13)
P-Nate Jones (17)
P-Nolasco (5)
P-Norris (1)
P-Ventura (9)
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1231)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How Bad is my team?(WHIR)

Postby Swept Away » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:46 am

I overspent early and had no money to spend on closers, so I know where you're coming from.

Is Santana eligible at C in your league?

You're probably going to need a replacement for Machado for a little while.

I like Cobb but he's probably more like a #3 pitcher, so you need an ace. You do have some nice fliers though, like Ventura and Gray.

You could use some OF depth, but you may be able to take care of that via free agency. The same goes with closers. Watch the waiver wire like a hawk. I hate spending money on closers.

You definitely have your work cut out for you but it's salvageable. You're just going to need to make some trades. You have pieces like Beltre, Jones, and Santana, and you can get a lot back for them. If young guys like gray, Ventura, and Miller get off to good starts be prepared to deal them. Lots of people are high on Cobb so you could probably get something good for him too.

Please help with mine: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=468072
Swept Away
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Jase44 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:36 pm

Yes I agree with the above... not terrible but not great. I hate trading away top players for middle of the road guys but it might be your way to compete here. Not sure what the other teams are like but looks like you may take a beating on the pitching side of things so I would try to focus on getting one or two solid arms as first priority and see where that gets you. maybe Salazar, Iwakuma, Kuroda?? Shouldn't have to pay a ton for these guys but will definitley help

Thanks for your help on mine, can you help me on another trade, different league:

viewtopic.php?t=468274
Jase44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 71)

Postby Cypher74 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:55 pm

Thanks for the help on mine!

I agree, you have some nice pieces. I would try to upgrade at starter and see if you can wait a bit on RP. They always pop up on the waiver wire. Try to grab those guys in waiting like the Cody Allen's of the world now.

If you can move Santana to catcher, you might be able to find some value in first base too.

I like trying to acquire some solid middle of the road SP's to go with your young upside guys. You'll pay less for them than trying to get an ace from someone.

Good luck!
Cypher74
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby AirMax2321 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:57 pm

Love Cobb as a sleeper, good value all around and I feel you on avoiding the mess with relievers. Relievers are hit and miss I think you can over pay for saves. Watch the waiver wire if things don't go your way there because so much will change from now till the AS Break. Overall I think you got good value and allot to work with in my opinion.
AirMax2321
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Basil5503 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:33 pm

I think you might need to add a bit of depth at OF as well. I like Miller and Beltre however. Machido I'm not high on this year, same with RA Dickey.

Thanks for the help on mine!
C S Perez
1B Freeman
2B Cano
3B Frazier
SS Bogaerts
1/3 Morse
2/SS Dozier
O Heyward
O Bautista
O Jackson
U Beltran
DL Lawrie 2/3B
B Harper
B Revere
B Segura
B Prado 2/3B
P Scherzer
P Darvish
P Ceuto
P Richards
P JanssenRP
P RosenthalRP
B Harang
Basil5503
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 15)

Postby Carnac » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:43 am

With your league depth and AL only, you have a strong team. You might be able to get a few saves on the wire. Good luck
Carnac
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 71)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:49 pm

Decent team. It's good to get two stud bats in Jones and Beltre, but I think you probably should have spent the Altuve money elsewhere and invested in cheap steals (i.e. Bourn, Rajai Davis). I would have avoided Feliz, especially with the inconsistent velocity drop being the telltale sign that he wasn't going to win the closing job (though of course he still could).

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby kidsilk » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:29 pm

Yeah, I know I was a little disappointed in myself if getting Altuve for 24 but steals and saves were going for major money in the draft. For example, Rajai went for 19 and Bourn for 20 so I didn't really overspend too much with Altuve. At least he plays a premium position and plays ever day and seems to be durable. And, I just thought Feliz was a buy at 11 bucks since all the closer possibilities were going for 19 or more dollars...Holland went for 26. Ugh.
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1231)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team