AM I MISSING SOMETHING?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

AM I MISSING SOMETHING??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

AM I MISSING SOMETHING??

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:54 pm

2 guys are having an argument on the message board in my league. It's actually quite funny. It's a 10-team roto league. On 1 hand, there's someone who took Renteria with the 8th over all pick (Round 1). On the other hand, there is someone who took J. Phillips with the 67th pick (Round 7). I am of the opinion that both went early but Phillips went a ton earlier than he should have. To me, it's not even close. Any thoughts??
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: AM I MISSING SOMETHING??

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:02 pm

Lofunzo wrote:2 guys are having an argument on the message board in my league. It's actually quite funny. It's a 10-team roto league. On 1 hand, there's someone who took Renteria with the 8th over all pick (Round 1). On the other hand, there is someone who took J. Phillips with the 67th pick (Round 7). I am of the opinion that both went early but Phillips went a ton earlier than he should have. To me, it's not even close. Any thoughts??

They both went early but I think that the Phillips pick is more defensible.

Renteria is not a 1st round pick and the studs that he passed on in order to pick Edgar will outperform Edgar more than the mid round picks passed up by the Phillips owner will outperform Phillips.

clear as mud right?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 261)

Re: AM I MISSING SOMETHING??

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:02 pm

Lofunzo wrote:2 guys are having an argument on the message board in my league. It's actually quite funny. It's a 10-team roto league. On 1 hand, there's someone who took Renteria with the 8th over all pick (Round 1). On the other hand, there is someone who took J. Phillips with the 67th pick (Round 7). I am of the opinion that both went early but Phillips went a ton earlier than he should have. To me, it's not even close. Any thoughts??

Yeah, Lo, both went early, but Phillips went way, way early. Renteria is a late second, or third round pick. Phillips is not even close to a seventh rounder. Wow.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Madison » Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:59 pm

7th round for Phillips? No way! That's ridiculously early. I got Phillips in the 18th round of a 12 team league. 8-o

Both picks were very early, but I'd have to say the Phillips pick stands out a lot more to me.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:23 am

Madison wrote:7th round for Phillips? No way! That's ridiculously early. I got Phillips in the 18th round of a 12 team league. 8-o

Both picks were very early, but I'd have to say the Phillips pick stands out a lot more to me.

I agree. A case could be made for the #8 guy taking Renteria in the 2nd because he wouldn't have made it back but Phillips is a post 15+ round pick, IMHO.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Return to Baseball Leftovers