What do you think of my team this year?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

What do you think of my team this year??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What do you think of my team this year??

Postby Hawks basketball » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:12 pm

What do you think of my team in a 12 team 5x5 standard cat league? How do you think my team is? What should I try to get better in?

My team is:
C: Miguel Montero
1B: Freddie Freeman
2B: Daniel Murphy
SS: J.J. Hardy
3B: Adrian Beltre
1B/3B: Ryan Howard
2B/SS: Everth Cabrera
OF: Justin Upton
OF: Carlos Gomez
OF: Curtis Granderson
OF: Alex Rios
OF: Michael Bourn
UTIL: Mark Trumbo
UTIL: Dexter Fowler
UTIL: Junior Lake
P: Yu Darvish
P: Cliff Lee
P: Craig Kimbrel
P: Lance Lynn
P: A.J. Burnett
P: Hiroki Kuroda
P: Rafael Soriano
P: Hyun-Jin-Ryu
P: Ervin Santana
Bench: Dan Uggla, Adam LaRoche, Bartolo Colon, Michael Morse, Gerardo Parra, Dioner Navarro, Raul Ibanez, Bud Norris, A.J. Griffen, Danny Farquhar
Hawks basketball
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 34
Joined: 22 Dec 2013
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What do you think of my team this year??

Postby Hawks basketball » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:32 pm

Also what do you think of this trade? I give carlos gomez, Hyun jin ryu, and cliff lee for his Bryce harper, Stephen strasburg, and Jim Johnson? Is it a fair trade or should I offer more?
Hawks basketball
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 34
Joined: 22 Dec 2013
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What do you think of my team this year??

Postby Hawks basketball » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:51 pm

Anyone have an opinion? All opinions are welcome
Hawks basketball
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 34
Joined: 22 Dec 2013
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What do you think of my team this year??

Postby WizElGuap » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:03 pm

you have a pretty balanced lineup expect regression from Daniel murphy and I hate Bourn I don't think hes gonna run like he used to, and the trade seems close enough where id be comfortable with either side, I guess it depends on your take on harper whether you think he will stay healthy and break out this year. Ryu is an underrated pitcher and gomez was 20 40 last year so I probably wouldn't take that trade , you def could use the closer though.
WizElGuap
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 15
Joined: 20 Mar 2014
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What do you think of my team this year??

Postby Hawks basketball » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:10 pm

WizElGuap wrote:you have a pretty balanced lineup expect regression from Daniel murphy and I hate Bourn I don't think hes gonna run like he used to, and the trade seems close enough where id be comfortable with either side, I guess it depends on your take on harper whether you think he will stay healthy and break out this year. Ryu is an underrated pitcher and gomez was 20 40 last year so I probably wouldn't take that trade , you def could use the closer though.

Thanks! I was trying to get a closer to help that out. What type of second baseman should I try to target so I don't have to start Daniel Murphy?
Hawks basketball
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 34
Joined: 22 Dec 2013
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What do you think of my team this year??

Postby WizElGuap » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:16 pm

It looks like a pretty deep league so you may not have very many options, murphy should be alright just not as good as last year. if u wanna shoot some available names out ill tell you who I like but obv don't drop murphy. trade targets I personally like having an elite 2b like cano or pedroia but that might be to expensive to get.
Last edited by WizElGuap on Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WizElGuap
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 15
Joined: 20 Mar 2014
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What do you think of my team this year??

Postby WizElGuap » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:18 pm

also check my post out its a couple below this one
WizElGuap
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 15
Joined: 20 Mar 2014
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What do you think of my team this year??

Postby Hawks basketball » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:43 pm

WizElGuap wrote:It looks like a pretty deep league so you may not have very many options, murphy should be alright just not as good as last year. if u wanna shoot some available names out ill tell you who I like but obv don't drop murphy. trade targets I personally like having an elite 2b like cano or pedroia but that might be to expensive to get.

Thanks! I know I can get Pedroia and Cespedes for Cliff Lee and Justin Upton. What do you think of that? I was thinking of switching out Cespedes for Jordan Zimmerman or Jose Fernandez. I will check yours out too

Update: the top second basemen are Emilio Bonifacio, Josh Rutlidge, Daniel Descalso, and Jordan Beckam. It is a very deep league
Hawks basketball
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 34
Joined: 22 Dec 2013
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What do you think of my team this year??

Postby WizElGuap » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:55 pm

Hawks basketball wrote:
WizElGuap wrote:It looks like a pretty deep league so you may not have very many options, murphy should be alright just not as good as last year. if u wanna shoot some available names out ill tell you who I like but obv don't drop murphy. trade targets I personally like having an elite 2b like cano or pedroia but that might be to expensive to get.

Thanks! I know I can get Pedroia and Cespedes for Cliff Lee and Justin Upton. What do you think of that? I was thinking of switching out Cespedes for Jordan Zimmerman or Jose Fernandez. I will check yours out too


I would do that trade upton and lee for pedroia and Fernandez, try to throw in one of your 2b for cespedes too. You can try and push uptons great spurts on power last year as signs for a break out this year. pedroia is a 5 category player and his power will go up this year, you have some power upside on your bench as well.
WizElGuap
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 15
Joined: 20 Mar 2014
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What do you think of my team this year??

Postby Hawks basketball » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:10 pm

WizElGuap wrote:
Hawks basketball wrote:
WizElGuap wrote:It looks like a pretty deep league so you may not have very many options, murphy should be alright just not as good as last year. if u wanna shoot some available names out ill tell you who I like but obv don't drop murphy. trade targets I personally like having an elite 2b like cano or pedroia but that might be to expensive to get.

Thanks! I know I can get Pedroia and Cespedes for Cliff Lee and Justin Upton. What do you think of that? I was thinking of switching out Cespedes for Jordan Zimmerman or Jose Fernandez. I will check yours out too


I would do that trade upton and lee for pedroia and Fernandez, try to throw in one of your 2b for cespedes too. You can try and push uptons great spurts on power last year as signs for a break out this year. pedroia is a 5 category player and his power will go up this year, you have some power upside on your bench as well.

Ok Thanks! If he doesn't do Fernandez would Zimmerman instead of him still work? Also do you think Daniel Murphy for Cespedes could do that or should I try Hardy or Cabrera?
Hawks basketball
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 34
Joined: 22 Dec 2013
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 3:05 hours
(and 93 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact