Big Help GUYS! WHIR 100% CHEERS! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Big Help GUYS! WHIR 100% CHEERS!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Big Help GUYS! WHIR 100% CHEERS!

Postby etl1692 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:33 am

What are my Strengths and Weaknesses?
Who can I pick up (I have #2 Waiver do I use it) ?

Waivers: Yordano Ventura (SP), Ervin Santana (SP), Mike Leake (SP), Kyle Lohse (SP), Corey Kluber (SP), John Lackey (SP), Avisail Garcia (OF), Nick Castellanos (OF), Andre Ethier (OF), Nick Markakis (OF), Michael Brantley (OF), Alejandro de Aza (OF), Alexei Ramirez (SS)

NOTE: It is a keeper league. So I am open to snagging prospects..... HENCE Matt Harvey, but obviously its too early to store him. Anyone else I could be missing?

League: 10 Teams, Head 2 Head

Batting:
C: Yadier Molina
1B: Joey Votto
2B: Dustin Pedroia
3B: Pedro Alverez
SS: Hanley Ramirez
OF: Yoenis Cespedes ; Mark Trumbo(1B,OF) ; Austin Jackson
Util: Kyle Seager
Util: Desmond Jennings
BN: Xander Bogaerts(3B,SS)
BN: Asdrubal Cabrera

Pitching:
P: Justin Verlander* ; P: Anibal Sanchez P: Jordan Zimmerman ; P: Hiyun-jin Ryu ; P: Julio Tehren ; P: Hisashi Iwakuma ; P: Matt Garza ; SP: Ubaldo Jiminez ; SP: Brandan Beachy ; RP: Jim Henderson ; RP: Steve Cishek

SCORING
Batting: R=1 H=1 2B=2 3B=3 HR=4 RBI=2 SB=2 CS=-1 BB=1 IBB=1 HBP=1 K=-1 GIDP=-1 TB=1
Pitching: IP=1 W=10 L=-5 CG=10 SHO=10 SV=5 ER=-1 BB=-1 HBP=-1 K=1 WP=-1 BLK=-1 Pick=2 NH=20 PG=25
etl1692
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Big Help GUYS! WHIR 100% CHEERS!

Postby Philly_05 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:02 am

Strength would probably be your SP with Verlander, Zimmermann, Ryu, Teheran and Iwakuma. Your weakness is your OF and RP. I wouldn't be happy with that OF in a 16 team league to be honest. I don't think you will win saves match ups with only 2 closers. I would consider cutting Ubaldo for Castellanos. He will gain his 3B eligibility after a few of weeks. I'm sure you have a lot of prospects on the wire but with such a small league/rosters you don't really have room to stash them.

help on mine?
viewtopic.php?t=468021&start=10
Philly_05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 632)

Postby etl1692 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:28 am

Thanks..... I personally am not a big saves guy. I like to stick a SP,RP there. Saves I feel are undervalued in my league...

Im hurtin for an OF, should I attempt to make a tradE? Why is every so leery on TRUMBO?

Thanks guys! Leave a link i will respond!
etl1692
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Philly_05 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:32 am

etl1692 wrote:Thanks..... I personally am not a big saves guy. I like to stick a SP,RP there. Saves I feel are undervalued in my league...

Im hurtin for an OF, should I attempt to make a tradE? Why is every so leery on TRUMBO?

Thanks guys! Leave a link i will respond!

The large majority on the cafe are Trumbo fans. I'm in the minority and have avoided him this year. I just don't like killing categories with a player who will K close to 200 times and give a horrible average. I would rather have 10 less HR and a good average and 80-100 less K's.
Philly_05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 632)

Postby etl1692 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:40 am

Yeah I agree 100%. Batting average, and some other stats dont really affect me as I am in a H2H league, not Rotisserie.

Anyways thinking about dealing one of my decent Pitchers, and one of my 3B, for an OF...

Any suggestions? ALSO... don't use my #2 waiver pick JUST yet right?
etl1692
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BalooDP » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:27 pm

I like Castellanos on the wire. I think ACab is pretty meh especially since you have Bogaerts. Like Ventura, Santana, Leake, over both Garza and Beachy. I'd be tempted to get rid of Beachy for Ventura, but it is the #2 Waiver Wire order, so it's tough. Can you wait until these guys are in FA status or is it every pickup knocks you back in the order? Lot of good guys on the wire.
BalooDP
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 171)

Postby DutchySox » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:31 pm

I'd go after Avisail Garcia and Yordano Ventura HARD. Maybe not waiver claim hard, but if you can get them as FA: do it. Both are going to be studs this year.
DutchySox
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 16)

Postby MadDog36 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:52 pm

Agreed I would punt Beachy whose done for Ventura and ACab maybe deal him for a solid OF or dump him for Nick-C.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1927)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions