Wright's Value? Trade Options. WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Wright's Value? Trade Options. WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Wright's Value? Trade Options. WHIR

Postby Hummus » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:51 am

I am in a 12-team H2H 12x12 (too many cats to list). 3 keepers apiece, and I am thinking that pitching is going to be slim.

Currently, my keepers are:

A. McCutchen
P. Fielder
D. Wright

I would like to move Wright, either for another player or picks. I am thinking about a Longoria swap or a pitcher. Are either viable, and if so, what pitcher? If I go for picks, what should I ask for?

WHIR.
Hummus
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Wright's Value? Trade Options. WHIR

Postby BigBlue » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:58 am

Straight up for Longoria? Sure

Pitchers to target? Anyone in the top 10. Top 5 are all probably out of reach... That leaves Wainwright, Scherzer, Sale, Fernandez, Hernandez or Verlander for me.

Picks? If you trade for picks, do you still get to keep a 3rd player? If so, who would that be? If I'm trading for picks, it needs to be worth it. Worth it for me means either a 1st and 3rd or 2nd, 4th and 5th.

Help me out?

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=468124
BigBlue
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 17)

Postby Jase44 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:40 am

I agree with the pitchers above, maybe Lee as well.

Why are you moving Wright? 3B is very shallow and in a 12x12 he will contribute a lot.

If you really need picks maybe slide down the SP to a Gio + picks

Please help:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=468139
Jase44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 71)

Postby Hummus » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:40 pm

My thought with Picks was Wright and my third overall pick (6th round) for a 4th and a 5th. With that, I should be able to pick up pitching (e.g., Sale) and possibly another (e.g., Lee) and then go for OF (e.g., Holliday) and Zimmerman in the 5th. Sale would be a keeper going forward, and I would be able to bolster my overall lineup for the season.

Thoughts on that?

I also have Wright for Fernandez on the table, and the owner is considering it. Jose Fernandez could be a beast, and given his age and the fact that this is a keeper, I do not mind it.

I also have thrown out Wright for Verlander...still waiting. As well as Wright for Longoria...still waiting on that as well. I would do both, especially the latter, in a heartbeat.
Hummus
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BigBlue » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:47 pm

4th and 5th round??? You think Sale will be available then in a 12 team league?
BigBlue
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 17)

Postby kidsilk » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:12 pm

I would do Wright for Fernandez, Verlander or Longo in a hearbeat. I like Longo personally a lot better than Wright and those pitchers are great returns for Wright.

please help

viewtopic.php?t=467776
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1209)

Postby Hummus » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:20 pm

BigBlue wrote:4th and 5th round??? You think Sale will be available then in a 12 team league?

He is not going to be kept, so yes. First three rounds are devoted to keepers, so the 4th round is actually the first round of drafting. So it would essentially be a 1st and a second for wright and a third.
Hummus
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Hummus » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:43 pm

I have Wright for Verlander locked up...all I have to do is agree. Do I do it or wait for Longoria or Fernandez? Long-term, I like Fernandez.

I also like exploring the potential for drafts.

Please help, as I am sending out emails to individuals about the draft picks.

So the options, in the 12x12 3-player keeper (no limit on time):

1. Wright for Verlander (all ready to go)
2. Wright for J. Fernandez (owner still deciding)
3. Wright for Longoria (owner still deciding)
4. Wright plus a 6th round (third round of actual drafting) for a 4th round pick (1st round of drafting) and a 5th round pick (2nd round of actual drafting)

Please let me know what you would do and how you would rank the options. I have already helped those who have responded, and will help whomever posts.

Thanks!
Hummus
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kidsilk » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:47 pm

First of all, THANK YOU SO MUCH for your great in depth response to my post!! It will really help me out.

As for your options, I like them all actually. But, I also am not a big Wright fan. I would rank them as follows:

1. Wright for Fernandez
2. Wright for Longo
3. Wright for Verlander
4. Wright for picks

Fernandez is ranked by many already as the 3rd best pitcher in baseball coming into this season and will be a stud to lock up forever like you can. Verlander is getting up there in age but is still a total stud and clutch. I love Longo. Last year he showed a glimpse of what he can do by playing an injury free season by hitting 32 bombs. I expect him to get at least that many this year along with improving on his RBI total up to over 100 this season. Wright just doesn't excite me and you know what you are going to get with him...some injuries, 20 HR, 15 -20 SB and a good average. Longo's ceiling is higher in my honest opinion and he is 3 years younger. I also like you getting some picks for him if nothing else. But, honestly, how long can you wait with the Verlander owner before he pulls it off the table? I would wait a few hours and see what the Fernandez and Longo owners say. If they both say no you still have a great deal getting Verlander. WIn win for you.
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1209)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions