How is my team? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How is my team? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How is my team? WHIR

Postby mzkp54 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:36 pm

12 teams, 5X5 with OBP and QS instead of AVG and W.

I'm a little worried this team is going to be terrible. What do you think?

C- Gattis
1B- Pujols
2B- Prado
3B- Machado
SS- Profar
OF- Harper, AJones, JUpton
U- AGonzalez, AJackson
Bench- Eaton, Arenado, Hart, Rasmus

SP- Strasburg, Latos, Salazar, Weaver, Lester, Lincecum, Peavy
RP- Frieri, Rodney
mzkp54
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: How is my team? WHIR

Postby mzkp54 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:04 pm

Any opinions?
mzkp54
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: How is my team? WHIR

Postby thesticks23 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:49 pm

In a 12 team league 1 goal of mine would be to at least have a top 12 guy in each position
Here is how I would rank your positional breakdown

C - Gattis - Rank 14th, might be lower in an OBP league as his BB% was only 5.5% last yaer
1B - Pujols - Rank 8th, again his career BB% is close to 6-7%, but he could have a rebound year
2B - Prado - Rank 12th
3B - Machado - Rank 15+ he does not walk, is still injured and coming off a very depressing 2nd 1/2 to the 2013 season (regardless of injury)
SS - Profar - Rank 15th - He didn't get to prove anything last year, as a starter this year I expect better results, but not top 10 value yet.. 1-2 more years till stardom for Profar
OF1 - Harper - I have Harper ranked 12th, though I love his upside, he was going to have a 30/25 season till he ran into a wall at full speed last year
OF2 - Ajones - Rank 5th - might be lower in OBP cause he doesnt walk at all (Last year was 3.6%) but is young and has proved he can hit
OF3 - JUpton - Rank 20th - Now Upton will walk (11.7% last year) which might raise his value and he is a young stud that has a few holes in his swing to figure out
Util1 - AGonzalez - Rank 36 Overall, Rank 10 At 1st - Good guy to have in an OBP league, his BB% has dropped off a bit but I expect it to go back up and he is steady
Util2 - AJackson - Rank 134 Overall, Rank 44 at OF - He will be batting at the end of a lineup this year since Kinsler replaced him as leadoff

SP- Strasburg, Latos, Salazar, Weaver, Lester, Lincecum, Peavy - This Pitching staff should do well, I have lost interest in Timmy, but the rest of them are solid and I would say you did well here
RP- Frieri, Rodney - These 2 guys should be fine and i would expect them to get you around 65 saves combined

Overall your offense is very lackluster and you might need to trade some of your SP to compete.

I would imagine your Pitching carries you to a 9th place finish in a 12 team league.
I hate having to give bad ratings to teams, I am not trying to be mean or critical, I am just giving an honest opinion of how I see this turning out. Of course I am the king of 2nd place finishes in my own league without getting the crown, so maybe my advice and reasoning can go in one ear and out the other.

I wish you luck with your squad, and Hope that I am way off and you finish much higher in the Standings.
thesticks23
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team