is this team utter dominance? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

is this team utter dominance?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

is this team utter dominance?

Postby zman3599 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:01 pm

hey guys, 8 man H2H points league. standard espn scoring breakdown (-1 for strikeouts !! )
daily lineups, max 12 starts per week

we drafted yesterday, and I think things went very well for me. help me out with an opinion and I'll post back!!

C - Matt Weiters
1B - Paul Goldy
2B - Dustin Pedroia
3B - Martin Prado
SS - Troy Tulo
1B / 3B - Albert Pujols
2B / SS - Ian Kinsler
OF - Jose Bombtista
OF - Shin Soo-Choo
OF - Alex Gordon
OF - Josh Hamilton
OF - Nori Aoki
UTIL - Eric Hosmer

Bench
Chase Headley, Nolan Arenado, Adam Eaton

Starting Pitchers:
Cliff Lee
Matt Cain
Masahiro Tanaka
Alex Cobb
Cole Hamels
AJ Burnett

Relief Pitchers:
Trevor Rosenthal
Glen Perkins
Jason Grilli

As of now I am probably gonna drop one of my bench guys for a starter on the waiver wire. Possible guys
Ivan Nova
Rick Porcello
Dillon Gee
Yovani Gallardo

THanks!
zman3599
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 15)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: is this team utter dominance?

Postby misterf » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:20 pm

utter dominance? not really (imho).

In an 8 player league you should have a beast of a team. And you have a few high risk players filling key spots.

Bautista, Hamilton and Pujols all scare me this year. They are all on the down-slope of their careers.....and I have a feeling some or all of them are going to start heading downhill fast. In fact, I just traded away both Hamilton and Bautista in my 10 player keeper league because I think they are both way over-valued right now.

Of course, all three of those guys have been elite players for a number of years, so its not all doom and gloom, but I see those three guys as being very risky....but certainly with huge upside.

You have a good team.....and if Bat's, Hamilton and Puljols all put up big numbers it could be a very good team.......but very premature to proclaim "utter dominance".....especially in such a shallow league.

Oh yeah....Gallardo is your best waiver wire option.....by far......but I actually like all your bench players more than gallardo (unless your league has a huge innings limit and and you really need another SP to reach it)

good luck
misterf
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 74)

Postby jsally430 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:14 pm

Seems a bit weak for an 8 man league. Pujolsand Hamilton. Are two high risk big rewards. Tulo, Batista and kinsler are injury risks. But when healthy are the top of their positions. I would pick up gallardo as your pitching staff could be a little low in the ks side of things.
Just as any team if things go right it could be an awesome team. Please rate my team viewtopic.php?t=468037
jsally430
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 14)

Postby jsally430 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:14 pm

Seems a bit weak for an 8 man league. Pujolsand Hamilton. Are two high risk big rewards. Tulo, Batista and kinsler are injury risks. But when healthy are the top of their positions. I would pick up gallardo as your pitching staff could be a little low in the ks side of things.
Just as any team if things go right it could be an awesome team. Please rate my team viewtopic.php?t=468037
jsally430
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 14)

Postby BalooDP » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:52 pm

For an 8-team league this is a weak team, especially the pitching staff. Too many guys you have no idea what you're going to get out of this year, like Hamels, Tanaka, Cain, Burnett. Offense is solid at all positions but it's not blowing anyone away in an 8-team league.
BalooDP
College Coach
College Coach

Response Team
(Past Year: 171)

Postby zman3599 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:17 am

guys like hamilton and pujols are risky but considering i was able to get them later i don't think its a huge risk. but i guess i'll have to move some infield for a SP3 type
zman3599
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby DutchySox » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:28 am

I'll join all the posters above in saying that this is a pretty mediocre team all around. There are like five guys on this team I'd be comfortable with, though I have to say I'd trust Pujols again (depending on the round your drafted him - I got him in like the 5th or so yesterday, which you cannot pass up).

Start trading. See what you can get for Hamilton, Headley, Kinsler, Hamels, the likes. Start getting rid of all your question marks.
DutchySox
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 16)

Postby zman3599 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:40 pm

i gotta say this many people saying its a sub-par team is very surprising. there are injury risks, but thats the case with a lot of good teams that end up staying healthy and winning. and i am gonna try and deal somebody like kinsler for a SP2 type i think, or maybe alex gordon paired with AJ burnett for a SP3 type like J Zimmermann.
but nobody has commented on the big upside that my pitching staff offers. cain, tanaka, cobb, all have very positive vibes. if hamels comes back in may and pitches like an SP 2 or even 1, then i am very pleased
zman3599
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby chargerss24 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:16 pm

I'm sorry, I don't see your team being anywhere close to being utterly dominant in an 8-team league. I'm curious to see the round-by-round draft because you say you "think things went very well", but, honestly, outside of a couple players, you didn't drafted the team you think it is.

Don't mean to be a wet blanket, but that's my $3.45 worth in gas.
C-Doumit, Salty
1B- Fielder
2B-Pedroia
SS-Reyes
3B-Longoria
CI- Morneau
MI- Kipnis
OF- Myers Jennings Heyward
U- Ellsbury, B. Upton, Bruce

SP-Price Fernandez Miller Wheeler, Kluber
RP-Grilli, Farquhar, Crow, Veras
chargerss24
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby zman3599 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:28 pm

well I guess you would have to see the teams I am facing, who in my opinion drafted very poorly. here's my draft picks, I was 4th pick which definitely hurts, hate being dead middle

1) Goldy
2) Tulo
3) Pedroia
4) Cliff Lee
5) Bautista
6) Choo
7) Pujols
8) Kinsler
9) Cain
10) Hosmer
11) Tanaka
12) Prado