Took some risks....WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Took some risks....WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Took some risks....WHIR

Postby Spirit29 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:21 pm

Hey all,

League format: Yahoo 12-team head to head league, with pretty much every category involved. 3 KEEPERS

Keepers From 2013:
Andrew McCutchen
Buster Posey
David Price

Please Rate Via: 1 - 5 with 5 being the best, and comments/suggestions much appreciated!

I took some big risks with my team, and I really want to know what you guys think. This is my 6th year of fantasy baseball.

C - Buster Posey
1B - Eric Hosmer
2B - Daniel Murphy
3B - Kyle Seager
SS - Ian Desmond
OF - Andrew McCutchen
OF - Shin-Shoo Choo
OF - Austin Jackson
OF - Matt Kemp
Util - Brandon Moss
Util - Howie Kendrick
Bench - Avisail Garcia
Bench - Mike Moustakas

SP - David Price
SP - Masahiro Tanaka
SP - Hyun-Jin Ryu
P - Clay Buchholz
P - Ivan Nova
P - Corey Kluber
RP - Tommy Hunter
RP - Joakim Soria

Thanks again and good luck to your team. Post a link and I'll return the favor!
Spirit29
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Took some risks....WHIR

Postby misterf » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:25 pm

thanks for the help on mine:

good team......you took some calculated risks......but I don't think you took huge or crazy risks.

You have a solid, very non-risky, base with:

McCutchen, Posey, Price, Desmond and choo.

You also have a group of guys who aren't exactly sure things.....but are still pretty safe. As long as you didn't reach for them in the draft, they you can probably count on them giving you the production you are expecting.....these guys are:

Hosmer, Austin Jackson, Murphy and Ryu.

But you are right, the success (or lack thereof) of your team rests on what kind of production you get out of your "risks"....aka:

Seager
Kemp
Moss
Tanaka
Kluber

But, since you have the solid core,you could afford to pick high-upside but risky guys late in the draft instead of needing to rely on the mediocre-but-safe options.

All of these guys have very high ceilings......and none of them are huge risks.....you can likely count on at least 3 of them panning out.

But if all or most of your risks meet or exceed expectations, you team should be a contender.......but if you get unlucky and 3 or 4 of them turn out to be duds, you're in big trouble.

There is one glaring hole, of course.....and thats relief pitching. I only see one actually closer in Hunter....and he's not not the most reliable guy out there. You are gonna have to find saves somewhere.....hopefully you can do that without giving up too much in trades. Your other option would be to punt save altogether and go with high strikeout, low era/whip set up guys.....but I don't really like that otion....hard to make it work

So I give this team a 3.5........with the chance to be a 4+ if you get a little lucky on the risky guys and find some saves.
misterf
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 74)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team