Other thoughts besides my own - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Other thoughts besides my own

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Other thoughts besides my own

Postby toledomudhens » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:47 am

So my keepers are due next week. I play a 10 AL only 5x5 roto(normal stats) $260 budget. We keep 4 players each year, mine aren't as strong as I would have liked but I needed to trade away miggy last season in order to win my league($1500.00)..Anyway when I first was thinking about my protectables it was pretty clear what I was going to do, but I have read something and saw something that makes me think about changing 1 one my original keepers. So We play normal espn, but the only difference is we play 2 catchers. Now most of the talent that is still available at catcher usually is being kept(Santana, mauer,wieters,ect,ect) It seems to me as each passing year catcher is getting super thin and every catcher is moving to first base in order to stay healthy, or to dh cause they can`t throw to second(v-mart)...lol...Funny rule in our league is once a player plays a position once he is eligible for the rest of the season. Now my original 4 were going to be.
Ellsbury, $35
Rios, $23
Donaldson, $20
Ortiz(DH Only) $20
So this is what I have been thinking about, Victor Martinez plays NL games the first week of the season, and is going to be catching in some of those games. So he would then be Catcher eligible for me right from the get go, and Papi doesn`t play in a NL park till the end of may. And there have been times when he doesn`t play 1st right away but eventually does and gains 1st base for the season. Now I can`t keep both V-mart and Papi, nor can I draft both because my Dh will be occupied with the other guy. V-mart is $15, Would it be crazy to keep Victor over Papi knowing full well that he will be one of my 2 catchers after the first week of the season. Is Victor worth more at catcher than papi at 1st is what I am asking(can`t put question mark, some stupid French crap keeps popping up....lol)..Sorry for the blabbing, kinda hard to explain in writing sometimes what you actually want to say...Thanks for any input, thoughts and suggestions...WHIR.... ;-D
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 200)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Other thoughts besides my own

Postby MadDog36 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:50 am

Still rather have Ortiz.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1931)

Postby ayebatter » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:04 am

MadDog36 wrote:Still rather have Ortiz.

Yep - And kinda prefer a $15 Vmart at C than a $20 Donaldson who I also have as a keeper but don't trust him to repeat.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1275)

Postby toledomudhens » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:20 pm

ayebatter wrote:
MadDog36 wrote:Still rather have Ortiz.

Yep - And kinda prefer a $15 Vmart at C than a $20 Donaldson who I also have as a keeper but don't trust him to repeat.

I know, but 3rd is very shallow and the top options are being kept. As well, I can't keep both guys, cause they are both only DH eligible to start the season, but v-mart will gain C eligibility within the first week while Ortiz has to wait 2 months...AHHhhhhhhhhhh....Damn 2 catcher rule...lol...
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker

Postby rotoquest » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:02 pm

I'd rather have victor & papi and dump donaldson if you can obtain a descent 3B. I'm not big on donaldson this year. I don't think he'll totally flop, but I don't see a repeat of last year, and I certainly don't like the $20 price tag.
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 194)

Postby toledomudhens » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:37 am

rotoquest wrote:I'd rather have victor & papi and dump donaldson if you can obtain a descent 3B. I'm not big on donaldson this year. I don't think he'll totally flop, but I don't see a repeat of last year, and I certainly don't like the $20 price tag.

I would love too have both as well but I can only protect 1 and will not be able to draft the other as my utility spot will be occupied. That's why I am keeping Donaldson. But Victor at catcher is super value, is it not?...but I will have to wait a week before I can put him there.
ok so this is what I have for options.
Ellsbury
Rios
Donaldson
Ortiz
V-Mart
Crisp
Victorino
Cj Wilson
Weaver
Salazar(missed out on this guy beng my rook by 2 innings...OUCH)
Napoli
They all have $$ values but it really doesn't matter as we rarely ever spend all our dollars during the draft, just not enough good players...lol....thanks fellas
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions