Help me pick the AL value - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Help me pick the AL value

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help me pick the AL value

Postby Pogotheostrich » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:08 am

My NL only league has an odd rule where you have to pick one AL hitter and pitcher off a price sheet. I went over the price sheet today and found what I thought were good prices. Let me know what you think.

Shields $10
Tanaka $8
Matt Moore $7
Lester $5
Kazmir $3
Porcello $1
Y. Ventura $1
Erik Johnson $1
Skaggs $1

Bogaerts $1
Gardner $1
Pierzynski $2 (this is a 2 catcher league)
Lawrie $3
Teixeira $4
Pujols $12
Hosmer $14
Carlos Santana $17
Longoria $22
M-Cab $32
Trout $37
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 384)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help me pick the AL value

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:59 am

Bogaerts 1
Tanaka 8
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby toledomudhens » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:06 am

I am not sure how to read this, are you trying to fill your roster cheap, or do you plan to play the game?...cause if your going cheap then the post above sounds about right. But sorry dude there is no way I am letting a chance at miggy or trout get past me...so I take 1 of miggy or trout(roto trout, points miggy) and then I take shields...$10 bucks for this guy and all he does is perform year in and year out...solid return for the price. ;-D
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 200)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:09 am

toledomudhens wrote:I am not sure how to read this, are you trying to fill your roster cheap, or do you plan to play the game?...cause if your going cheap then the post above sounds about right. But sorry dude there is no way I am letting a chance at miggy or trout get past me...so I take 1 of miggy or trout(roto trout, points miggy) and then I take shields...$10 bucks for this guy and all he does is perform year in and year out...solid return for the price. ;-D

Looking for most bang for my buck. My keepers aren't super cheap but I can splurge on Trout or m-cab if the fall to me. I'm picking 8th so there will be a few of these guys off the board by then.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 384)

Postby toledomudhens » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:34 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
toledomudhens wrote:I am not sure how to read this, are you trying to fill your roster cheap, or do you plan to play the game?...cause if your going cheap then the post above sounds about right. But sorry dude there is no way I am letting a chance at miggy or trout get past me...so I take 1 of miggy or trout(roto trout, points miggy) and then I take shields...$10 bucks for this guy and all he does is perform year in and year out...solid return for the price. ;-D

Looking for most bang for my buck. My keepers aren't super cheap but I can splurge on Trout or m-cab if the fall to me. I'm picking 8th so there will be a few of these guys off the board by then.

Shitty, if they are off the board don't cheap out on the AL protectable. Get the best player(s) available, I wouldn't worry about the $$$ to much, as there will always be 1 and 2 dollar players that will perform better than their $ value. I know a bit about it cause I play AL only $260 budget, and the funny thing is I always want to go cheap and look for deals right away, but I don't and I find that the $$$ always works itself out....good luck man. ;-D
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 200)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions