Make a Move or Sit Tight? What's your style? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Make a Move or Sit Tight? What's your style?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Make a Move or Sit Tight? What's your style?

Postby Captain Jack Sparrow » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:28 pm

It's week one and see players being added and dropped like crazy. It makes me nervous (which i tend to be anyway) should i be making moves?

Normally I just wait it out for 2 weeks before i do anything. (unless i'm picking up the other impatient owners' "trash") What's your opinion? Are you an early mover or do you wait and watch?
Captain Jack Sparrow
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KolbSaves » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:35 pm

I'm an early mover with my lower picked guys. I like making trades before the season too.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Rkiivs » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:43 pm

I'm more patient I think than most managers in my leagues. I tend to ride out a slumping storm unless I see someone cut and dry better than someone I already own.
Rkiivs

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby canibus » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:46 pm

Rkiivs wrote:I'm more patient I think than most managers in my leagues. I tend to ride out a slumping storm unless I see someone cut and dry better than someone I already own.

I agree. I'm especially riding out the 1/13 Giles slump ;-D
But that's an obvious one.
Someone dropped Livian? Missed out on that one unfortunately.
But yeah, I watch closely for drop mistakes and try to pickup the last of the guys in FA who won't be there for long. Perhaps dropping my last two draft picks which were flyers.
canibus Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby shpuck » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:27 pm

My style is like yours Cap'n. I like to wait a bit before I dump some of my guys (even the late rounders)
shpuck
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby 4Pack » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:36 pm

Trying very hard to sit tight. In my most competitive league (at least active manager wise)....we have 10 teams with 19 player rosters. Sooooo...their are some pretty damn good names on FA right now. Catch is...you have to drop a pretty good player to pick one of them up. FA list currently has names such as...Patterson, Klesko, Burrell, Kearns, Konerko, JD Drew, J Nathan, Brett Myers, Gil Meche,...well you get the picture. I am keeping a close eye on a few of those!
4Pack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby point06 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:39 pm

Im not one to jump to drop someone just because of a few bad starts. Im with the Capt on this one
point06
College Coach
College Coach

Postby point06 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:42 pm

4Pack wrote: FA list currently has names such as...Patterson, Klesko, Burrell, Kearns, Konerko, JD Drew, J Nathan, Brett Myers, Gil Meche,...well you get the picture. I am keeping a close eye on a few of those!

Definitely keep an eye on Burrell. Been watching the Phillies the last few days and he looks like he could be back to his old self, and I love it. Konerko too.
point06
College Coach
College Coach

Postby 4Pack » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:45 pm

Without a doubt keeping an eye on Burrell. I traded to get him last season right after the draft and kept him all season hoping he would snap out of it. So I guess you could say he owes me! LOL!
4Pack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby chris8 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:29 pm

Well, this is my first season, but I don't see the sense in drafting a team and then making panic changes after a couple of games.

Unless there's an obvious situation like a long-term injury, or I get offered a trade that's really good for me, I'll sit tight until a couple of weeks in.
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 103)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers