Trade Cashner for Cingrani? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade Cashner for Cingrani?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade Cashner for Cingrani?

Postby rotomaven » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:28 pm

NL only, keeper league, Auction, $140 salary cap

Should I trade Cashner $5 for Cingrani $2.50?

I like the idea of saving $2.50 for the auction, but Cingrani as #5 on the depth chart and Cashner is #1/#2...that scares me as I have always made it a point to never draft a #5.

Your thoughts please...
rotomaven
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Cashner for Cingrani?

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:30 pm

I'd prefer Cingrani even if they were the same price. Getting that extra $2.50 of cap makes it a no brainer imo.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:33 pm

Cingrani has more upside if he becomes more efficient with his pitches. I'd also save a few bucks and change for Cingrani.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Irish Drunk » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:30 pm

Cingrani has 2 pitches, I don't like his makeup long term. No way he can sustain those #'s in a hitters park like Cinci. Futhermore, as you mentioned he's at best a #4 pitcher after Latos, Bailey and Cueto. Cashner is ace of his staff, pitches in the spacious confines of Petco and is in his prime at 27. Will also see at least 8 more starts than Cingrani. No way do you make this trade to save $2.50.
Irish Drunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 160)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:22 pm

Irish Drunk wrote:Cingrani has 2 pitches, I don't like his makeup long term. No way he can sustain those #'s in a hitters park like Cinci. Futhermore, as you mentioned he's at best a #4 pitcher after Latos, Bailey and Cueto. Cashner is ace of his staff, pitches in the spacious confines of Petco and is in his prime at 27. Will also see at least 8 more starts than Cingrani. No way do you make this trade to save $2.50.

Cingrani is more of a fastball thrower and it's true he should develop his offspeed pitches. I wouldn't discount him entirely based on that he's at best, a two pitch hurler. Kershaw was once a fastball-curveball pitcher until developing and incorporating a plus slider into his repertoire. Cingrani has good fastball movement, but of course, having an extra pitch or two makes him less predictable and more efficient in finishing off batters.

I like Cashner but with a limited cap ($140), and a few bucks carrying more value than usual, I'd take Cingrani.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby goose in my step » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:51 pm

I like Cingrani more than Cashner in a vacuum.

Dont quote me here but I think Cingrani might be on a innings limit this year. Im pretty sure I heard that on the ESPN Fantasy Focus or CBS Fantasy Baseball Podcasts. One of those two, cant remember which one. So you have to look at this way, is Cingrani + Replacement level Sp better than a full season of Cashner?
goose in my step
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 75)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Irish Drunk » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:09 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Irish Drunk wrote:Cingrani has 2 pitches, I don't like his makeup long term. No way he can sustain those #'s in a hitters park like Cinci. Futhermore, as you mentioned he's at best a #4 pitcher after Latos, Bailey and Cueto. Cashner is ace of his staff, pitches in the spacious confines of Petco and is in his prime at 27. Will also see at least 8 more starts than Cingrani. No way do you make this trade to save $2.50.

Cingrani is more of a fastball thrower and it's true he should develop his offspeed pitches. I wouldn't discount him entirely based on that he's at best, a two pitch hurler. Kershaw was once a fastball-curveball pitcher until developing and incorporating a plus slider into his repertoire. Cingrani has good fastball movement, but of course, having an extra pitch or two makes him less predictable and more efficient in finishing off batters.

I like Cashner but with a limited cap ($140), and a few bucks carrying more value than usual, I'd take Cingrani.

And Kershaw is a heck of a lot more talented than Cingrani. There's no guarantee Cingrani will be able to develop a quality third pitch. In contrast Cashner has a fastball that touches 100mph, a slider, a changeup and a sinker and pitches in Petco. This is MLB good pitchers needs to rely on more than just 2 pitches to succeed long term. I guess we can agree to disagree here.

At the end of this season I will revisit this thread to see how it plays out.
Irish Drunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 160)

Postby BUCCOFAN » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:00 pm

the money is not much of an issue too me, I prefer the guy pitching @ PETCO compared to the ban Box, Great American Ball Park. PLUS believe Cingrani already had injury concerns.

PLEASE HELP ME:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=467874
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 279)

Postby kidsilk » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:52 pm

I like Cashner more.

please help

viewtopic.php?t=467889
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1209)

Postby HOOTIE » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:48 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:I'd prefer Cingrani even if they were the same price. Getting that extra $2.50 of cap makes it a no brainer imo.

;-D
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 292)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions