2nd year Sabermetric League in need of owners - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

2nd year Sabermetric League in need of owners

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

2nd year Sabermetric League in need of owners

Postby pgordon37 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:11 pm

Everyone,

Searching for a few owners to fill our 2nd year Sabermetric h2h league. Some quirks to make it more realistic with the starting lineups. Daily lineup changes. Free. Online draft live.

Scoring categories include the following: OFFENSE: Errors, OPS, ISO, OUTS, Runs Created, SB%, TB+H+HBP | PITCHING: DICE, K/BB, NET WINS, OPS AGAINST, QS, SV+HOLDS, WHIP

League is on Fantrax ... you can join by creating a Fantrax account (which is free) and then going to http://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/joinLeague.go

the league id is vsjpbhz6hrtd9wg9 and the PW is SABR2014.

Our draft is online on the 16th in the evening. Fun group of guys returning, so if you like fantasy baseball and want to play it with some stats that truly relate to winning and putting together a good team, give it a shot.

Contact me if you have questions pgordon @ philadelphiabaseballreview.com. (no spaces)
pgordon37
T-Ball Trainer

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2nd year Sabermetric League in need of owners

Postby GaryMac » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:12 am

Looks cool. Would you be interested in a league exchange? (I join your league, you join mine). We share similar philosophies on what makes for good fantasy baseball.

My league is in its 10th year.
We started on Yahoo, went to ESPN and are now on Fantrax, (which I pay for), due to its superior stats and features.
Keepers done via salaries and contracts .
We have an optional buy-in of $20.
Salary cap is $189, but if you pay $20 your salary cap is $209.
League champion gets all the prize money whether they paid the "luxury tax" or not, so it's possible to play for free and still win money.
We aim to choose every setting that works like real baseball works, (without going too overboard and making it super-complicated).
Lineup/roster limits are what a real team has, (we work at the 40-man level)
20 teams, with 4 vacant ones to choose from at the moment.
We are a few players into our Free Agency bidding war, but still plenty of time to get a team into shape.
Realistic "runs created & runs prevented" scoring system, June entry draft, September callups, all the good stuff.
This league is great for the people who understand or want to learn more about how MLB teams operate.
This league is NOT for people who want their fantasy baseball to be about 5 or 6 random stats from a magazine that really don't have much to do with how a player's performance impacts baseball wins and losses.

e-mail garymac91922@gmail.com for first-come, first-served pick from the vacant teams.

These teams are not all "left for dead" teams. Their previous owners just couldn't commit the time to be a good owner anymore.
Vacant teams include the likes of Chris Davis, Yu Darvish, Ian Kinsler, Pedro Alvarez, Matt Kemp, Cole Hamels, Adam Jones, Adam Wainwright, Kinsler, Choo, and more.
GaryMac
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 8)

Re: 2nd year Sabermetric League in need of owners

Postby pgordon37 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:41 am

Gary - sounds like a deal to me, I'm contacting you now.
pgordon37
T-Ball Trainer

(Past Year: 3)

Return to Classifieds