Stupid Question - Waiver/Line Up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Beginner's Forum

Stupid Question - Waiver/Line Up

Stupid Question - Waiver/Line Up

Postby bluejays2014 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:37 pm

I posted this in the commissioner's forum and no one responded, hopefully better luck here.

I am new to fantasy baseball and a first time commissioner. I am sure this is a stupid question but just want to make sure I am doing this right. This is a H2H points league on Yahoo:

Waiver Time: 2 days
Waiver Type: FAAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak
Waiver Mode: Continuous
Waiver Processing Days: Saturday

Weekly Deadline: Weekly on Monday

I want to minimize time commitments. Ideally this is what I want:

Week 1 - Team owner puts in request to drop player A and pick up player B lets say on a Tuesday. The waiver request gets processe on Saturday. On Sunday, team owner sets their line up for Week 2. Player A is still on their team for the Sunday as matchups I assume are Monday-Sunday.

Week 2 - Team owner then uses player B for week 2 (Monday-Sunday). Player A goes on waivers can be picked up by someone else but it will not be processed until Saturday and will not have use of player A until week 3.

1) Do my settings accomplish this intention or is there a better way of doing this?

2) If I set waiver processing days to two days (lets say Thursday and Saturday). Will player B in week 1 scenario above still not be available until week 2? In other words, an earlier waiver processing date will not effect the team owners lineup for the current week.

Thank youbluejays2014
T-Ball Trainer

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball
bluejays2014
T-Ball Trainer

(Past Year: 2)

Re: Stupid Question - Waiver/Line Up

Postby jackets55 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:03 am

I didn't respond in the commissioner's corner to your first post as I really don't use Yahoo and am much more familiar with CBS. However, since no one has responded, I will give you an opinion but you will still need to check it out in the yahoo system.

In general, there are two sets of data operating at the same time. Once you pass the lineup deadline time, your lineup will be locked until the next deadline date/time for the next week's lineup. Meanwhile, drops and adds can process in between lineup suspense dates so that the lineup you have playing in the current week shows up in the "live scoring" and the lineup you have available the next week in the "set lineup" area.

Looking at what you are proposing, an FA transaction dropping player A for Player B that is input on Tuesday of week 1 will process Saturday evening, Player A will go on waivers and Player B will be available to enter in the active lineup for week 2. Player A will be on waivers for two days (until Monday) and can be picked up the following Saturday for Week 3 lineups, in essence missing one week on a roster.

So to answer your question (1), yes I think it accomplishes what you stated you wanted, but I am not sure why you want it to work this way.

In answer to number (2), no, once the lineup is locked, you can process transactions everyday and none of those will affect the current week's lineup.

What do you mean by "minimizing time constraints?"
jackets55
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 29)

Return to Beginner's Forum