Adam LaRoche is beautiful - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Adam LaRoche is beautiful

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Adam LaRoche is beautiful

Postby M.Akihiko » Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:47 am

I watched him on TV. His swing was so beautiful. I think Adam LaRoche is so good. What do you think about him?
M.Akihiko Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:52 am

there is alot of hype surrounding him. alot of people are high on him, but i mean he is a rookie and is unproven. that said, there are about 15 guys i would take over him.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby hybrid » Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:31 am

he's only a rookie and besides that not really considered a top prospect. i really don't think he will do much, he might eventually turn into a solid 1st baseman but i doubt he will ever be anything beyond that.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:46 am

Obviously neither of you know anything of rookies outside the big names like Mauer and Crosby or your own team's system.

Adam is a stud, gold glove calibur defense, a fluid seamless swing...he's being hailed as the next Mark Grace.

....and RynMan, 15 'guys'? What do you mean by 'guys'? If you mean rookies I'd LOVE to hear 15 better rookies than Adam. You couldn't name more than 3 or 4, and even that's debatable.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby KULCAT » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:08 am

Did i miss something and fielding became a fantasy category?
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)

Postby JPX77 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:35 am

This topic wasn't started from a pure fantasy perspective KULCAT, it was about a player and his swing, but if you could read or had any reading comprehension you'd know that.

On another note, LaRoche is a nothing and will never be anything. He is the lowest of the low.
JPX77

Postby JPX77 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:37 am

And who said fielding was a fantasy category anyway? I saw someone mention LaRoche had good defense, after someone else said he wasn't anything special.

Some people think they know too much. :-B
JPX77

Postby CubsFan7724 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:03 am

Once again, a smartass guest disses a forum memeber for little to no reason. At least have the pelotas to register then talk some trash. As for adam, he could be a solid 1B, but i dont think he'll be a top one. A Mark Grace type.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Pedantic » Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:04 am

LaRoche should be pretty good in real life. Fantasy, however, is debatable. Probably won't see too much power from him this year. I'm not quite sure what all the hype is about, though, considering he wasn't even the best prospect in the Braves' system.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby RynMan » Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:45 am

Anonymous wrote:Obviously neither of you know anything of rookies outside the big names like Mauer and Crosby or your own team's system.

Adam is a stud, gold glove calibur defense, a fluid seamless swing...he's being hailed as the next Mark Grace.

....and RynMan, 15 'guys'? What do you mean by 'guys'? If you mean rookies I'd LOVE to hear 15 better rookies than Adam. You couldn't name more than 3 or 4, and even that's debatable.

Sorry i must be in the wrong place, i thought that this was the Fantasy Baseball Cafe. My bad.

Oh and about the 15 guys - i must have missed the era when "guys" meant rookies. maybe i should have specified: male professional baseball players in the major leagues.

1. Helton
2. Pujols
3. Sexson
4. Delgado
5. Thome
6. Teixeira
7. Ortiz
8. Palmeiro
9. Giambi
10. Sweeney
11. Lee
12. Bagwell
13. Nevin/Klesko
14. Olerud
15. Johnson

im sure there are guys ive missed, and not in any order - im pretty sure i would take any one of those guys ahead of laroche.

this is why your a guest....clown.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers