Whos a better start? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Whos a better start?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Whos a better start?

Postby Yeaok » Mon May 27, 2002 9:25 am

Which one of these pitchers is a better start. Ben sheets at Dodgers, Brian Lawrence vs. Rockies but at Padres stadium, or Joel Pineiro agianst D rays. Need this by 12:00

Also i need a seventh starter at pitcher and it needs to be a closer. Which one of these guys would you pick up

Juan Acevdo or Matt Herges Are these guys even closers?
Yeaok

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Mon May 27, 2002 10:23 am

Any of those would make a good start. Interestingly, they all played these teams last week. Pineiro didn't look stellar against the Rays, Lawrence gave up a lot of hits against the Rockies (although this was at Coors), and Sheets looked pretty good against LA. I'd go with Sheets, but it's awfully close. If you're worried that Shawn Green will keep setting records, go with Pineiro.

Whereas that decision comes down to dice-rolling, the closer question seems more straightforward. The closer situation in Montreal is getting murky, while Acevedo should be getting saves until Anderson finally returns. Go with Acevedo, and hope you have a lucky hand choosing starters.
Last edited by Arlo on Mon May 27, 2002 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Mon May 27, 2002 10:25 am

To me this is easy.

Pineiro should start.

Acevedo should be picked up.

Sheets is solid, but lacks the offense support. Todd Helton & Co. are hitting very well right now, so Lawrence isn't as safe as Pineiro who pithces for a winning team against teh worst team in baseball.

Acevedo is the new Tigers closer with Anderson on the DL. The Tigers play the Indians this week and they should be close games.

I'm out! ;-D

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Baseball Leftovers